Advantages and Disadvantages of Agneepath Scheme 2022
In this article, we will tell you about the advantages and disadvantages of Agneepath scheme. for more information related to Agneepath Yojana 2022 read the complete article carefully.
Agneepath Scheme (Yojana) :
The Government of India has launched a historic recruitment scheme for Indian youth to serve in the armed forces under the name Agneepath and the youth enrolled under the Agneepath scheme will be known as Agniveer. 46,000 Agniveers will be recruited through this recruitment. It is a 4-year training program in which Agniveers will be taught the skills required by the Armed Forces for the battlefield.
Agneepath Scheme Advantages And Disadvantages
In this article, we are providing you the advantages and disadvantages of Agneepath scheme. This scheme is the biggest opportunity announced by the government for the Indian youth. After this launch, youth started protesting against it and set fire to 9 trains in different parts of the country and also damaged other property. Let us have a look at the advantages and disadvantages of Agneepath scheme or the advantages and disadvantages of Agneepath scheme.
Agneepath Scheme 2022: Overview
Before comparing the advantages and disadvantages of Agneepath plan we must understand the detailed plan. The table below will provide brief information to all of you.
Agneepath Scheme 2022: Overview
Name of scheme
Agneepath Recruitment 2022
Department of Military Affairs
Number of Vacancies
Application Form Filling Start Date
01 July 2022
|Application Form Filling Last Date|| |
16 October 2022
Indian Army, Navy, Air Forc
Benefits of Agneepath Scheme 2022
- Transformational reform of the recruitment policy of the Armed Forces.
- This will be a great opportunity for the candidates in the minimum age limit of 17.5 to maximum 23 years.
- The ‘Agneepath’ scheme has opened the way for the recruitment of about 46,000 soldiers in the Army, Navy and Air Force in the first year.
- Indian youth will get a golden opportunity to serve the country and contribute in nation building. The profile of the Armed Forces will be young and dynamic.
- Attractive financial package for Agniveers. All Agniveer youth will get an opportunity to take training in best institutes and enhance their skills and qualifications.
- There will be availability of disciplined and skilled youth with military ethos in the Indian society.
- Indian youth can get re-employment opportunities after serving 4 years and who can emerge as role model for youth.
- 25% of the employees will be retained even after 4 years which means lakhs of candidates will eventually get permanent jobs.
- Agniveers who will not be hired after 4 years will get experience of serving the Armed Forces. They will become more disciplined and efficient at the end of their service. Not only this, these individuals will have financial assistance of Rs 12 lakh – they can start their own business or can use the money for further education.
Disadvantages of Agneepath Scheme 2022
- Agneepath scheme will provide employment to the candidates for 4 years only.
- Only 25% of the candidates will be made permanent after the training period and another 75% will have to leave the job.
- The candidate appointed during Agneepath Yojana 2022 will not get any pension.
- After 4 years from the Government Service Fund scheme, out of the lump sum amount, only 11 lakh will be available to Agniveers while some amount out of 11 lakh will be deducted from the salary of the recruit on monthly basis.
- Selected candidates will be recruited only for non-commissioned ranks like Sepoy, Naik and Lance Naik.
- This recruitment is only for the candidates of 17.5-23 years.
- There is no job security as the candidates will become unemployed again after 4 years of service.
- No additional or basic benefits will be provided to the candidate like other government jobs.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Agneepath Scheme 2022: FAQ
Q. What is Agneepath Yojana 2022?
Ans. Agneepath Scheme is a recruitment process for persons below the rank of officer, which places fitter, younger soldiers in the front line, ultimately raising the youth profile of the armed forces.
Q. What is the service period in the army under Agneepath Scheme 2022?
Ans. The tenure of service in the army under the Agneepath scheme is 4 years.
Also Read : Agniveer Recruitment 2022: Notification of Agniveer Recruitment released