Bachelor of Hospitality Management- BHM
Hospitality management focuses on the field, which requires candidates to possess good communication skills as well as an impressive personality. Due to globalization, the hotel management industry is increasing rapidly. Each and every year, a lot of jobs related to hospitality are injected into the economy. These jobs are not only offered by Indian firms but also by international hotel chains. Thus, hospitality management is a fruitful field to make a career in.
In order to have a future in the field of hospitality or hotel management, candidates need to pursue a course in the same at a reputed college. Interested candidates have the option to pursue an undergraduate (UG) or postgraduate (PG) programme in the field of hotel management.
Some of the common hotel management subjects that candidates are taught at the UG level include kitchen operations management, cookery, introduction to food and beverage service, front office management, management of hospitality organizations, etc.
On the other hand, hotel management subjects that are taught to aspirants in PG level courses are hospitality operations and management, principles and practises of management, food and beverage, organisational behavior, and travel management.
Table of Contents
- Top Hotel Management Courses (UG)
- Top Hotel Management courses (PG)
- Hotel Management Online courses
- Hotel Management: Skill Sets Required
- Hotel Management: Eligibility Criteria
- Hotel Management Syllabus (Undergraduate)
- Hotel Management Syllabus (Postgraduate Level)
- Hotel Management Diploma Syllabus (Diploma/Certificate Level)
- Hotel Management Top Recruiters and Job Profiles
- Top Entrance Exams for Hotel Management
- View Top Hotel Management Colleges by Location
Top Hotel Management Courses (UG)
As below table show the top undergraduate Hotel Management course:
- Bachelor in Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- BA in Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Hotel Management
- BSc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- BBA in Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
Top Hotel Management Courses (PG)
As below table show the top postgraduate Hotel Management course:
- Master in Tourism and Hotel Management (MTHM)
- Master of Hotel Management (MHM)
- MBA in Hotel Management
- MSc Tourism and Hospitality Management
- MBA in Hospitality Management
- MBA Hospitality
Apart from the degree courses, candidates can also pursue certificate and diploma programmes in hospitality and hotel management. These include a diploma in hotel management, a diploma in hospitality management, a diploma in catering and management technology, a diploma in travel management and aviation hospitality, a diploma in housekeeping, a certificate course in maritime catering, and a certificate course in hotel and hospitality management.
Apart from this, there are various degrees that are offered in offline mode, and there are many Hotel Management online courses offered by various e-learning courses.
Hotel Management Online Courses
Given below table show the list of Online Hotel Management Courses:
Hotel Management Online Courses
Fees (In Rs)
Food & Beverage by Royale Institution
Hotel Management by Coursera
Sustainable Tourism by Coursera
The Fundamentals of Hotel Distribution by Coursera
Hotel Management Fundamentals
Fundamentals of Hospitality Revenue Management
Food & Beverage Management by Coursera
Hotel Management – Complete Hotel Revenue Management Course
Hotel Management Fundamentals
Executive PG Program in Management by Great Learning
Hotel Management : Skill Sets Required
Aspirants who want to make a mark or symbol in the field of Hospitality/Hotel Management should be able to multitask because in this kind of field one is always tested to expand their boundaries & that to be on a regular basis. Some of the key skills that an individual should own to be get successful in the Hospitality/Hotel Management industry are:
Listed of Skill Sets Required for Hotel Management
Having an outgoing and pleasant personality
Good Communication Skills
Customer – oriented approach
Ability to adjust in a crowd/different circumstances
Ability to be dedicated and committed to a task
Willingness to work long and odd hours
Ability to multitask
Hotel Management : Eligibility Criteria
Those candidates who are eligible to follow a Hotel/Hospitality Management Course which is offered at the UG level if the candidate has completed their Class 12th from an acknowledged board with passing marks. Many colleges also have supplementary eligibility criteria stating that it is obligatory for students to have cleared the English core subject of study if they want to pursue a Hospitality/Hotel Management Courses.
On the other hand, to take admission in a PG course in hotel/ hospitality management they need to be graduates. Here, candidates who own a graduation degree in hospitality/hotel management are preferred. Apart from this, some colleges list eligibility criteria that list the candidates should secure at least 55% aggregate in their graduation to be eligible to secure admission in PG level courses offered by them in the field of hotel management.
Hotel Management Syllabus (Undergraduate)
The curriculum of a hospitality/hotel management course varies from college to college. Apart from this thing the hotel management subjects that are taught in any course offered in this type of field is also dependent on the degree that is offered to aspirants on completion of the course.
Some of the common hotel management subjects which are taught in a hotel/ hospitality management courses offered at the UG level are:
|BSc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration|
|Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)|
|Bachelor in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)|
|BA in Hotel Management|
|BA (Hons) in Hotel Management|
|BBA in Hospitality, travel & tourism|
|BA (Hons) in Culinary Arts|
Hotel Management Syllabus (Postgraduate)
The hotel management subjects that taught in courses that are offered in PG level that are listed below:
|Course||Hotel Management Subjects|
|Master of Hotel Management (MHM)|
|Master in Tourism and Hotel Management (MTHM)|
|MSc in Tourism and Hospitality Management|
|MBA Hospitality Management|
|MBA Hotel Management|
Hotel Management Diploma Syllabus (Diploma/Certificate Level)
Hotel management subjects which are taught in hospitality management courses on achieve of which candidate are offered a certificate or diploma are listed in below table:
|Course||Hotel Management Subjects|
|Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology|
|Diploma in Hotel Management|
|PG Diploma in Hospitality Management|
|Diploma in Cabin Crew Services and Hospitality Management|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Accommodation Operation|
|Certificate in Aviation and Hospitality Management|
Certificate in Hotel Management
|Certificate in Housekeeping|
|International Certificate in Food Preparation|
Hotel Management Top Recruiters and Job Profiles
The hospitality industry is the place to be in this era of modernisation. There are many collections wherein the candidate can make a career in the hospitality industry. Some of these are mentioned below:
- Hotel Manager: Individuals working in such a job profile are incharge of the overall operations of the hotel. A manager is responsible for maintaining the standard of services offered at the hotel and with it he/she ensures that all facilities are offered to guests. A hotel manager manages the working of the housekeeping department, and ensures that good quality food is offered to the guests and is also involved in the working of the banquet department. The manager is responsible for increasing the revenue that is earned by the hotel.
- Floor Supervisors: They are in charge of maintaining all the rooms on a hotel’s floor. They work closely with bell boys and maids.
- Banquet Manager: In this kind of job profile one is responsible for each and every event that is conducted at hotel banquet.This type of manager is responsible to rent out the banquet for private parties or corporate events. The banquet manager needs to work very closely with the catering department as well as the beverage and food manager to ensure timely food, snacks and drinks that are offered to the guests.
- Restaurant and Food Service Manager: In this the manager is individually responsible for cleaning supplies, taking stock of cutlery, paper,cooking utensils, linens as well as fixtures and furniture of the hotels restaurants area. They are also the people incharge of arranging repairs and equipment maintenance.
- Chef : They are responsible for preparing training kitchen staff, meals, ordering supplies, managing kitchen budget, planning menus, enforcing health & safety regulations and preserving food quality. Chefs are only the one person who reach at work first and last one to leave.
There are many more top recruiters in this hotel management such as Front Office Manager, Housekeeping Manager, Food and Beverage Manager and Steward.
Hotel/ Hospitality Management Top Recruiters
Some popular hotels that hire hospitality/hotel management graduates are mentioned below:
- The Taj Group of Hotels
- Marriott International, Inc.
- Hyatt Hotels
- ITC Group of Hotels
- The Leela Palaces, Hotels & Resorts
- Accor Hostels
- Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts Group
- Hilton Worldwide
- Courtyard by Marriott
- Oberoi Group of Hotels
Top Entrance Exams for Hotel Management
Most renowned colleges short-list candidates for admission in the hotel/hospitality management courses offered by them on the basis of their presentation in their entrance exam. The test pattern of these hotel/hospitality entrance exams is such that the candidates need to attempt all questions from subjects such as: Analytical Aptitude & Numerical Ability , Logical Deduction & Reasoning, Current Affairs and General Knowledge as well as English language. Some popular hotel/hospitality management entrance exams which are conducted in India are listed below:
- NCHMCT JEE
- IHM Aurangabad Entrance Exam
- MAH HM CET
- Christ University Entrance Test
- Oberoi STEP
View Top Hotel Management Colleges by Location
Given below table show the list of the top Hotel Management colleges in different states of the country:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the duration of the Bachelor of Hospitality Management (BHM) course?
The duration of the BHM course is usually 3-4 years, depending on the institution and the country.
What are the eligibility criteria for the BHM course?
The eligibility criteria for the BHM course vary depending on the institution and the country. Typically, students need to have completed their 10+2 education with a minimum of 50-60% marks in relevant subjects such as English, mathematics, and science.
What are the subjects covered in the BHM course?
The subjects covered in the BHM course include food and beverage service, accommodation management, front office operations, tourism management, event management, human resource management, marketing, and finance.
What are the career opportunities after completing the BHM course?
There are a wide range of career opportunities available after completing the BHM course, including roles in hotels, restaurants, cruise ships, event management companies, and tourism organizations. Some popular job roles include hotel manager, restaurant manager, event manager, and tourism manager.
Are there any internships or practical training opportunities available during the BHM course?
Yes, most BHM courses include internships or practical training opportunities as part of the curriculum. These provide students with hands-on experience and the opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills learned in the classroom to real-world situations.
Is there a possibility of pursuing higher education in Hospitality Management after completing the BHM course?
Yes, students can pursue higher education in Hospitality Management after completing the BHM course. Some popular options include a Master’s degree in Hospitality Management, an MBA in Hospitality Management, or a PhD in Hospitality Management.