MTech Environmental Engineering
MTech Environmental Engineering is a postgraduate program that focuses on the application of engineering principles to defend the environment and improve its quality. Environmental engineers work to guard air and water resources, prevent pollution, and manage waste. They may also be elaborate in the design and implementation of environmental management systems, and the development of technologies for maintainable use of natural resources. Some of the key areas of study in Mtech Environmental Engineering contain environmental chemistry, water and wastewater treatment, air pollution control, solid waste management, and environmental impact assessment.
MTech Environmental Engineering Course Highlights
|Fee||INR 90000 – 300000|
|Eligibility Criteria||B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent degree with a minimum aggregate score of 59% in graduation|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam followed by counseling rounds and an interview|
|Salary||INR 4 – 7 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||AECOM, Sima Labs Pvt Ltd, Dresser-Rand India Pvt Ltd, Goodrich Corporation|
|Job Opportunities||Process operator, assistant professor,environmental officer, health & safety administrator|
Why study MTech Environmental Engineering?
There are some reasons why one might select to study MTech Environmental Engineering. First and foremost, the arena of environmental engineering is important for addressing a choice of environmental challenges, including climate change, air and water pollution, and waste management. Environmental engineers play a dangerous role in developing solutions to these challenges, which can have a positive effect on public health and the natural environment.
Additionally, studying MTech Environmental Engineering can deliver opportunities for career advancement and job security. As the request for environmental protection and sustainability grows, there will be a need for trained specialists who are equipped to tackle these challenges. MTech Environmental Engineering graduates may find employment in a diversity of industries, including government agencies, consulting firms, and private companies.
Finally, Studying MTech Environmental Engineering can be personally satisfying. As an environmental engineer, you will have the chance to work on projects that can make a real difference in the world. Whether you are designing a wastewater treatment plant, developing a recycling program, or implementing an environmental management system, you will be contributive to the protection and improvement of the environment.
MTech Environmental Engineering Admission Process
The admission process for MTech Environmental Engineering programs may vary depending on the organization and the specific program. However, there are some common requirements that are naturally needed for admission to MTech Environmental Engineering programs.
First, most MTech Environmental Engineering programs need applicants to have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a connected field. This may include a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering or a Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering, for example.
In addition to a bachelor’s degree, applicants may also be required to submit transcripts, letters of recommendation, a resume or CV, and a personal statement. Some programs may also need applicants to take a test, such as the Graduate Record. Examination (GRE), as part of the admission process.
Some programs may also have additional requirements, such as a minimum GPA or relevant work experience. It is important to check with the specific program you are applying to to determine the exact admission requirements.
MTech Environmental Engineering Syllabus
|SEMESTER I||SEMESTER II|
|Elective – 1||Elective – 2|
|Seminar for MTech program||Elective – 3|
|Municipal Solid and Biomedical Waste Management||Environmental Monitoring Laboratory|
|Physico-Chemical Treatment Technologies||Environmental Computation Lab|
|Municipal Water and Wastewater Systems||Biological Treatment Technologies|
|Air Pollution Science and Engineering||Environmental Systems Modelling|
|Environmental Microbiology and Ecology||–|
|SEMESTER III||SEMESTER IV|
|1st stage Project||2nd stage Project|
|Elective – 4||–|
MTech Environmental Engineering Electives
Numerical Methods for Environmental Systems
Introduction to Risk Analysis
Environmental Change and Sustainable Development
Industrial Pollution Prevention and Clean Technologies
Industrial Wastewater Management and Reuse
Hazardous Waste Management
Energy Conversion and Environment
Design of Water and Wastewater Systems
GIS for Environmental Planning and Management
Environmental Impact Assessment
Environmental Law and Policy
Aerosol Science and Engineering
Air Pollution Control Technologies
Bioremediation – Principles and Applications
Groundwater Flow and Contaminant Transport through Porous Media
MTech Environmental Engineering Top Colleges In India
In India, there are several universities and institutions that propose MTech Environmental Engineering programs. Some of the top institutions for studying MTech Environmental Engineering in India include:
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati
These institutions offer high-quality MTech Environmental Engineering programs that are recognized nationwide and globally. Many of these programs are highly modest, and admission is based on the applicant’s academic performance and other factors.
In addition to the IITs, there are also several other universities and institutions in India that offer MTech Environmental Engineering programs. Some of these institutions include:
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore
- Anna University, Chennai
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) Hyderabad
- Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Bhopal
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Gandhinagar
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad
These institutions offer MTech Environmental Engineering programs that are designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to become successful environmental engineers. Graduates of these programs may find employment in a variety of industries, including government agencies, consulting firms, and private companies.
MTech Environmental Engineering Scope
The scope of MTech Environmental Engineering is wide, as environmental engineers are complex in a range of activities that are absorbed in protecting and improving the environment. Some of the key areas of work for environmental engineers contain:
- Developing solutions for air and water pollution control
- Designing and implementing wastewater treatment systems
- Managing solid and hazardous waste
- Conducting environmental impact assessments
- Developing and implementing environmental management systems
- Advising on sustainable use of natural resources
- Investigating and remedying environmental hazards
Environmental engineers may work in a change of settings, including government agencies, consulting firms, private companies, and research institutions. They may also work on a varied range of projects, from small-scale community creativities to large-scale infrastructure projects.
Overall, the scope of MTech Environmental Engineering is wide-ranging and can offer opportunities for a fulfilling and rewarding career. As the request for environmental protection and sustainability grows, there will be a need for trained professionals who are equipped to tackle these challenges. MTech Environmental Engineering graduates may play a critical role in addressing these challenges and contributing to the protection and improvement of the environment.
MTech Environmental Engineering Jobs and Placements
Graduates of MTech Environmental Engineering programs may find employment in a variability of industries and locations. Some potential job options for MTech Environmental Engineering graduates contain:
- Environmental engineer: Environmental engineers work to protect air and water resources, stop pollution, and manage waste. They may be complicated in the design and implementation of environmental management systems, and the development of technologies for maintainable use of natural resources.
- Waste management specialist: Waste management specialists are responsible for planning, implementing, and managing programs for the group, treatment, and disposal of waste materials. They may work in the public or private sector, and may be complicated in developing recycling programs, composting initiatives, and other waste reduction strategies.
- Water treatment plant operator: Water treatment plant operators are responsible for the operation and maintenance of facilities that treat drinking water. They may be involved in monitoring and adjusting water treatment processes, conducting laboratory tests, and ensuring that the treated water meets regulatory standards.
- Environmental consultant: Environmental consultants provide advice and assistance to clients on environmental issues, such as air and water pollution, waste management, and sustainable development. They may be involved in conducting environmental impact assessments, developing environmental management plans, and providing expert testimony in environmental cases.
- Environmental scientist: Environmental scientists conduct research to understand the impacts of human activities on the environment. They may study topics such as climate change, air and water pollution, and the effects of chemical substances on the environment. They may also be involved in developing solutions to environmental problems and advising policy makers on environmental issues.
MTech Environmental Engineering graduates may find employment in a variety of settings, including government agencies, consulting firms, private companies, and research institutions. They may also have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, from small-scale community initiatives to large-scale infrastructure projects.
Frequently Asked Questions
MTech Environmental Engineering course duration ?
MTech Environmental Engineering course duration is 2 years.
MTech Environmental Engineering course eligibility criteria ?
The eligibility criteria for MTech Environmental Engineering course is a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology in the relevant field with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent CGPA.
What are the subjects covered in the MTech Environmental Engineering course?
The subjects covered in the MTech Environmental Engineering course include Environmental Chemistry, Air Pollution Control, Water Resource Engineering, and Environmental Biotechnology.
What are the career opportunities after completing the MTech Environmental Engineering course?
After completing the MTech Environmental Engineering course, one can work in various fields such as pollution control, water resource management, and research and development.
Are there any entrance exams required for the MTech Environmental Engineering course?
Yes, there are entrance exams required for the MTech Environmental Engineering course. These exams can vary depending on the institute or university offering the course. Some of the popular entrance exams are GATE, TANCET, and PGCET.