Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS)
Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery
Unani Medical Science
Rs.200,000 to Rs. 1,200,000 per annum
Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 650,000
1 year mandatory
Researcher, Mentor, Pharmacologist, Therapist, Drug Inspector, Medical Assistant, Lecturer
BUMS course Full Form
Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery(BUMS Course) is the full title of the degree package. The Unani system and medical information are functional during the 5.5-year undergraduate program. BUMS (Unani) (Ayurveda) is different from BAMS. For a long time, his world had an unani medical system, which is still the most popular.
BUMS Course Details
The BUMs Course Details duration is 5 years. According to Wikipedia, “Bachelor in Unani Medicine and Surgery (B.U.M.S.) is a degree focused on the unani method of treatment offered in India, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, and other North Asian countries.” Unani is a kind of other action that comprises the four fundamentals: earth, fire, water, and air. “The study of the unani act brings in more balance in the field of unani medicine.” Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery is the full form of BUMS.. Students can learn more about BUMS courses by visiting the college websites.
Candidates must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for B.U.M.S. The following table can be referred to to learn about the B.U.M.S. eligibility criteria.
BUMS Eligibility Criteria
Minimum age of 18 on December 31st of the application year
Qualifying Entrance Exam
Candidates must have valid NEET score card
Candidates must have passed grade 12 or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as the core subjects.
Candidates must have passed Class 10 with Urdu, Arabic language, or Farsi as a subject, or have passed the Urdu exam in Class 10.
Qualifying Exam Marks
All general category candidates must have at least 60% in 12 or an equivalent examination.
BUMS Entrance Exam
National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test (NEET), Combined Pre-Ayush Test (CPAT), CPMEE, KEAM, etc. Some of the entrance examinations for the BUMS course.
September 12, 2022 to September 25, 2022
October 4, 2022
April 6, 2022 to May 10, 2022
July 4, 2022
April 6, 2022 to May 20, 2022
July 17, 2022
BUMS admission is complete through national and state-level entrance examinations. NEET, CPAT, CPMEE, and KEAM are the rarest of the entrance exams.
The steps for entrance admission are :
- Uploading of documents: After completing the application, candidates must upload the necessary documents such as a photograph, signature, id proof, and other supporting documents.
- Application form Completion: Once a login ID is formed, candidates must continue with the online application form by providing personal and academic information.
- Online Registration: As soon as students have listed for the entrance test, they will be delivered a login ID. Students must record for the entrance exam by entering their email address, mobile number, and password.
- Entrance Examination: Exam dates will be declared by the admission establishments. In order to get to the course, applicants must take and pass an admissions exam.
- Admit Card: Admit cards will be delivered to qualified students based on the record of the details submitted by the students.
- Download Application Form: Once the claim fee has been paid, candidates must save and download the form for future orientation.
- Result Declaration: The results of the entrance examinations will be professed by the admission authorities. Candidates can check their score on the admission specialists’ official website.
- Counseling: After the result announcement, selected candidates can apply for counseling events.
- Shortlisting: As part of the counseling method, candidates who have been allocated seats will be required to submit their documents for document proof and seat confirmation.
- Enrollment: Admission to the course will be open to those students who qualify.
The BUMS course contains four and a half years, followed by one year of compulsory internship. This program’s exams are held once a year.There are no online or distance learning programmes for this course.
The BUMS course knowledge framework is prepared in such a way that students study about all of the techniques and progressions involved in unani medicine. Regimental Therapy (ilaj bit Tadbeer), Cauterization, Purging (ilaj bit Dawa), Surgery (Jarahat), Venesection, Massage, Emesis (ilaj bit Ghiza), Dietotherapy (ilaj bit Dawa), and other topics are enclosed in the BUMS Course.
Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery: Subjects
The program is divided into four professional years. –
Tashreeh Ul Badan
Kulliyat Umoore Tabiya
Tahaffuzi wa Samaji Tib
Arabic and Mantiq wa Falsafa
Ain, Uzn, Anaf, Halaq wa Asnan
Ilaj Bit Tadbeer
Sareeriyat wa Usoole Ilaj
Ilmul Qabalat wa Naumalood
Tibbe Qanooni wa Ilmul Samoom
Ilmul Saidla wa Murakkabat
Moalajat – II
Moalajat – I
1 year mandatory
Top College For BUMS
NAME OF INSTITUTE
BUMs COURSE FEES
Scope of BUMS
The scope of B.U.M.S. is not only incomplete for India but has a reach outside of India as well. B.U.M.S.-degree containers can get complicated in the research work shown by various organizations in India and abroad in the field of Unani. Candidates with the degree are fit as hakims or doctors and can do private practice. There is always a chance to get into teaching, so such degree holders can also get jobs in the education field.
Career options after BUMS
Some of the top job positions that a candidate can get after BUMs Course are-
- Medical Assistant
- Drug Inspector
- Unani Distributor
BUMS Job Profiles
The following table includes some of the most common job profiles:
Unani Medicine Pharmacist
Unani Institute Lecturer
Some of the major recruiters or sectors for the graduates of the BUMS course are medical colleges, as given below in the tabular chart:
Research Center and Labouraties
Unani Nursing Homes
Unani Pharmaceutical industries like Hamdard
Life science industries
Unani Medical Colleges
Also Read About This Course – Bachelor of Homeopathy Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the duration of the BUMS course?
The duration of the BUMS course is five and a half years, including one year of internship.
What are the eligibility criteria for the BUMS course?
The eligibility criteria for the BUMS course typically include passing 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as subjects, and obtaining a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
What is the syllabus for the BUMS course?
The syllabus for the BUMS course includes subjects such as Unani anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, toxicology, and various other subjects related to Unani medicine.
What is the scope of the BUMS course?
Graduates of the BUMS course can practice as Unani doctors, set up their own clinics, or work in hospitals and health centers. They can also pursue higher studies in Unani, such as MD (Unani) or PhD in Unani.
What are the job prospects after BUMS?
After completing the BUMS course, graduates can find job opportunities in government and private hospitals, Unani clinics, health centers, and research institutions. They can also start their own Unani clinics or work as consultants.
What is the Fees of BUMS in India?
The fees for the BUMS course in India can vary depending on the institution and location. However, the average annual fee for BUMS in government colleges in India is around INR 10,000 to 30,000, and for private colleges, it ranges from INR 50,000 to 2,00,000.