B.Com in Finance & Accountancy (BAF)
BCom Accounting and Finance is a 3-year undergraduate course. In BCom Accounting and Finance, you are taught the fundamentals of accounting and finance practices. Through the BCom Accounting and Finance course, one can learn the technical skills associated with the many processes of financial analysis and accounting standards.
The basic eligibility for taking admission in BCom accounting and finance is to have completed 10+2 or its equivalent examination in commerce, arts, or science from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks. The minimum marks required by the colleges to grant admission may vary.
Admission to BCom accounting and finance colleges is done on the basis of marks obtained at the 10+2 level. The admission process for BCom Accounting and Finance may vary from institute to institute. There are colleges that offer direct admission to the course on the basis of merit and a personal interview or counselling after the entrance test.
The average annual fee to study BCom accounting and finance through distance learning is INR 2000 to 50,000.
The graduates of BCom Accounting and Finance are usually hired in fields like educational institutions, banks, stock exchanges, excise departments, auditing offices, etc. and can find jobs in the fields of analyst, financial analyst, cashier/teller, executive assistant, investment banker, etc.
BCom Accounting and Finance Course 2023
The Accounting and Finance course lets you flex your mathematical muscles while applying technical knowledge to business situations. Listed below are some of the salient features of the BCom Accounting and Finance course:
|Course Name||BCom Accounting and Finance|
|Full Form||Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting and Finance|
|Admission Process||Entrance and Merit Based|
|Avarage Salary||INR 1 to 10 Lakh|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Deloitte, PwC, Deloitte, Accenture, Oracle, Gartner, SBI, NABARD, PNB, CBI, etc.|
About BCom Accounting and Finance
Here are the details of the BCom Accounting and Finance course, which all students should know about. This includes what areas this course focuses on, what you will learn, and the skills you can develop after taking this course:
- Accounting and finance cover concepts of money, business, and management with an emphasis on professional careers in these areas.
- Accounting deals with information analysis for various aspects of a business, whereas finance is definitely related to the monetary funds of a business.
- The Accounting and Finance degree provides you with knowledge of accounting practices, commerce, industry, and finance.
- This course will help you develop a range of subject-specific and technical skills. You will also gain more general skills such as numerical and quantitative skills, oral and written communication skills, entrepreneurship, and the ability to argue and negotiate your case.
Why Should You Major in Accounting and Finance?
If you enjoy mathematics and want to apply it to business, whether it is management, business law, or economics, then studying accounting and finance may be ideal.
- Employment Opportunities: The course allows one to get employment opportunities in various sectors of industries. BCom Accounts and Finance graduates are mainly hired in fields related to investment management and the Banking and Financial Services Industry (BFSI), and employers are expected to hire more than 8.4 million people in the coming 5–6 years.
- Good Salary: According to the Payscale website, graduates from BCom Accounting and Finance are expected to earn a salary of INR 492,424 per annum. Apart from this, they are expected to earn other benefits like bonuses, TA, and DA, as well as provident fund and retirement benefits.
- As mentioned, the course offers scope to work in any industry occupation; in every sector, one needs to crunch their numbers.
- Opportunities abroad and cultural exchanges help you learn about a new place while developing language skills and giving you a deeper understanding of the global economy.
- Accounting and finance play an important role at the core of every organization. Non-profit organizations, such as those in the public and private sectors, are impossible to operate without operational finance.
BCom Accounting and Finance Admission Process
Admission to the BCom programmed in accounting and finance is done on the basis of merit or an entrance exam. The BCom Accounting and Finance admissions process takes place every year between the months of May and June.
Let us look at BCom accounting and finance in detail.
BCom Accounting and Finance Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should mainly focus on the eligibility criteria of the college to which they want to apply. The basic eligibility criteria to get admission in the BCom Accounting and Finance course are given below, and they may differ in different colleges and universities.
- completion of 10+2 or its equivalent examination in the commerce stream.
- Candidates should have a minimum score of 55%.
- The candidate must meet the minimum cut-off criteria of the particular college to which you applied for admission.
- The minimum cut-off mark criteria for each university may differ because they are subject to the university’s own admission criteria for that year.
- Some colleges conduct their own entrance exam, after which one gets admission to the college.
BCom Accounting and Finance Admission 2023
Admission to the BCom Accounting and Finance course is made on the basis of merit or an entrance test followed by counseling. While applying for admission to the BCom Accounting and Finance course, candidates need to pay attention to these steps:
- All the students can apply online or offline.
- Candidates have to visit the official website of the college or university where they want to apply, and they are required to register themselves.
- Candidates should submit the application form after filling in all the required details before the deadline.
- Then they need to upload the documents and pay for the application form.
- Then candidates have to take a printout of the application form for further reference.
- You must have had a good performance in the entrance exam.
- If they are qualified, they must attend the counselling round.
- Candidates have to carry their documents at the time of admission.
- All students must bring their credentials (both original and copy) during admission.
- Friends, there are some colleges that provide direct admission on the basis of individual merit.
BCom Accounting and Finance Entrance Exam 2023
Here is the detailed information about each entrance exam in India conducted by various colleges and universities for offering admission in the BCom Accounting and Finance course, including general information about the exam, eligibility criteria, important dates, the syllabus, preparation tips, and more. Many are included.
SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test) is conducted once a year by Symbiosis International University for admission to undergraduate courses at the national level. You will have a total of 2 hours, 30 minutes to solve all the questions. And it is an online exam. And the SET syllabus is General English, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Skills, and General Awareness.
IPU CET (Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test) is a university-level exam conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The total duration of the exam conducted by the university is 2 hours, 30 minutes. It is an online-mode exam conducted for the admission of candidates to UG and PG-level programs.
DU JAT: DU JAT is an entrance exam conducted by the University of Delhi for admission to its prestigious courses. The DU JAT entrance exam is divided into four sections: quantitative aptitude, verbal ability, logical reasoning, general knowledge and professional awareness, and general knowledge and professional awareness’ is conducted in online mode.
The NPAT-NNMIMS programmed after 12th grade is an entrance test for admission to bachelor’s degrees and integrated degree programs. The exam is conducted once a year, and you will have a total of 2 hours to solve all the questions.
|EXAM||APPLICATION DATE||EXAM DATE|
|SET||January 2023 – June 2023||July 2023|
|IPU CET||March 2023 – May 2023||June – June (UG and B.Ed)|
June – June 2023 (PG and Ph.D.)
|DU JAT||June 2023||July 2023|
|MHT CET||February 2023 – April 2023||August – August 2023 (PCM Group)|
August – August 2023 (PCB Group)
|NPAT||June, 2023||April to June 2023|
How should I prepare for the BCom Accounting and Finance entrance exam?
Some points to keep in mind while preparing for the BCom Accounting and Finance course entrance exam, and candidates must strictly adhere to these tips in order to pass the exam on their first attempt:
- Before starting the preparation, do some research by going through the entire syllabus and old papers. For this, first you have to know how many chapters and topics are given in the syllabus.
- While preparing, prepare easy chapters first. Many times it happens that people get stuck in difficult chapters and take too much time.
- The current entrance exam will have subjects like quantitative aptitude, verbal ability, logical reasoning, general ability, and current affairs.
- Make sure to get yourself some of the best BCom Accounting and Finance entrance exam study material.
How to Get Admission into a Good BCom Accounting and Finance College
Every student wants to get admission to the best college. You should keep some important things in mind to get admission to the best college for BCom Accounting and Finance. So here are some tips for getting admission to the college of your choice:
- There are two main pillars or components of the admissions process to top institutes.
- One of the pillars is eligibility criteria, and
- The second pillar is the entrance exam.
- Your percentage in Post-Graduation or Graduation should meet the university’s eligibility requirements.
- Stay updated with the deadline for filling out the application form through websites, newspapers, and magazines.
- Practice papers from previous years to improve your time management skills at the time of the entrance exam.
- You must have the ability to study a subject in depth, and hence the candidates must possess the required skill-set and dedication along with being extremely diligent while pursuing this course.
BCom Finance and Accounting Distance Learning
Many Indian universities provide distance education in BCom accounting and finance. Some of them are famous universities like Bangalore University, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Chandigarh University, etc.
The average annual fee to study BCom accounting and finance through distance learning is INR 2000 to 50,000.
Admission of students can be done through an online or offline process. It depends on the college whether the admission process of the college is online or offline.
|College Name||Duration||Average Fees||Average Salary|
|Bharathiar University, Coimbatore||3 years||INR 5,417||INR 2.5 LPA|
|Bangalore University, Bangalore||3 years||INR 4,700||INR 2.9 LPA|
|Chandigarh University, Chandigarh||3 years||INR 20,400||INR 1.74 LPA|
|Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur||3 years||INR 4,320||INR 1.08 LPA|
BCom Accounting and Finance Syllabus 2023
The detailed syllabus of the BCom Accounting and Finance course, which you will study during the course.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Financial accounting||Corporate accounting||Business finance|
|Business organization||Business statistics||Auditing|
|Business economics||Commercial law||Income tax|
|–||Banking theory||Cost accounting|
|–||Business environment||Accounting for managerial decisions|
Top BCom Accounting and Finance Colleges 2023
Some of the top colleges offering a BCom in accounting and finance are listed in the table below. The table also contains information about the admission process, average annual fee, average annual package, and placements.
|Colleges||Course Fee Structure||Average Starting Salary|
|Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai||INR 4,941||INR 4 LPA|
|Lovely Professional University, Punjab||INR 9,52,000||INR 5 LPA|
|Jain University, Bangalore||INR 1,20,000||INR 4.5 LPA|
|Christ University, Bangalore||INR 75,000||INR 6.85 LPA|
|Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhi Nagar||INR 2,49,000||INR 7.02 LPA|
|Stella Maris College, Chennai||INR 29,645||INR 4.2 LPA|
|Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai||INR 76,000||INR 3 LPA|
|Chandigarh University, Chandigarh||INR 96,000||INR 6 LPA|
|NIMS University, Rajasthan||INR 12,000||INR 4 LPA|
|St. Andrew’s College of Arts Science & Commerce, Mumbai||INR 18,087||INR 5-10 LPA|
Goldman Sachs, Wipro, Zoho, Ernst & Young, World Bank, Cognizant, KPMG, Royal Bank of Scotland, Deloitte, Google, HDFC, ICICI, Axis Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Tata Consultancy Services, Amazon Corporation, Abbott, Microsoft, Infosys, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Adobe, Capgemini and Morgan Stanley Reliance Industries, Tata Power, Tata Technologies, Tata Power, Tata Technologies, Godrej, Sanmar Group, Jindal Steel, Asahi Glass, Schindler, Capgemini, etc.
Study Abroad BCom Accounting and Finance in 2023
There are certain criteria that candidates must keep in mind before applying for BCom accounting and finance courses.
- Candidates need to pass the 12th grade with a minimum of 65-80% marks from a recognised board.
- Candidates are required to submit proof of passing an English proficiency test such as IELTS or TOEFL.
- Candidates are often required to submit proof of their financial capabilities (bank statements), letters of recommendation, work experience, medical certificates, etc.
|College Name||Average Fees||Place|
|University of Greenwich||INR 14,47,040||UK|
|Teesside University||INR 13,43,680||UK|
|University of Hertfordshire||INR 13,43,680||UK|
|University of Manchester||INR 24,80,640||UK|
|King’s College London||INR 28,99,248||UK|
|University of Texas at Austin||INR 33,23,338||USA|
|The University of Texas at Dallas||INR 32,00,002||USA|
|Arizona State University||INR 21,61,459||USA|
|University of Southern California||INR 43,40,202||USA|
|The University of Illinois at Chicago||INR 21,65,560||USA|
|University of Toronto||INR 35,09,374||Canada|
|The University of British Columbia||INR 30,89,770||Canada|
|McGill University||INR 31,67,910||Canada|
|University of Waterloo||INR 23,32,503||Canada|
|University of Manitoba||INR 12,18,868||Canada|
|Monash University||INR 25,42,950||Australia|
|RMIT University||INR 19,52,986||Australia|
|The University of Adelaide||INR 24,29,930||Australia|
|University of South Australia||INR 18,42,226||Australia|
BCom Accounting & Finance Job Prospects & Salary 2023
BCom Accounting and Finance graduates have vast career opportunities in India as well as abroad. Listed below are some of the popular job positions available for BCom Accounting and Finance graduates in today’s market:
We have listed some of the popular job positions offered to successful graduates of the discipline, along with job descriptions and the average annual salary offered to graduates of BCom Accounting and Finance:
|Personal Finance Consultant||INR 9,81,627|
|Financial Analyst||INR 5,85,380|
|Accounts Assistant||INR 2,48,033|
|Money Manager||INR 7,62,187|
|Senior Accountant||INR 3,55,696|
Scope of BCom Accounting and Finance
The scope of BCom Accounting and Finance is very wide, and after doing the course, candidates can get so many great opportunities in many fields anywhere in the world. Apart from pursuing further academic courses like M.Com, MBA, CA, etc., the other areas to pursue after this course are:
- It is impossible to operate in the public and private sectors alike, including non-profit organizations, without operational finance, so the sector has a wide scope.
- A career in professional accounting and finance can be incredibly fulfilling and rewarding, although it must be built on a solid educational foundation.
- Any business that relies on money relies on the services of accounting and finance professionals.
- For these reasons, qualified and competent accounting and finance professionals are in high demand in almost every contemporary field.
- A career in the accounting field can be incredibly fulfilling and rewarding, although it must be built on a solid educational foundation.
- Those who work as self-employed accountants enjoy complete flexibility and the freedom to choose their working hours and patterns.
Also Read : BCom in Banking & Insurance
Frequently Asked Questions
B.Com Accounting and Finance Admission Process
Admission to B.Com in Accounting and Finance is done on the basis of merit or entrance exam. The B.Com Accounting and Finance admission process takes place every year between the months of May to June.
Let us look at B.Com Accounting and Finance in detail.
B.Com Accounting and Finance Eligibility Criteria
Completion of 10+2 or its equivalent examination in commerce stream.
Candidates should have minimum 55% marks.
The candidate must meet the minimum cut-off criteria of the particular college in which you applied for admission.
The minimum cut-off marks criteria may differ in each university as it is subject to the university's own admission criteria for that year.
Some colleges conduct their own entrance exam, only after passing which one gets admission in the college.
Goldman Sachs, Wipro, Zoho, Ernst & Young, World Bank, Cognizant, KPMG, Royal Bank of Scotland, Deloitte, Google, HDFC, ICICI, Axis Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Tata Consultancy Services, Amazon Corporation, Abbott, Microsoft, Infosys, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Adobe.