Many of you must have passed or will be about to pass 10th or 12th, so many students are confused about career what to do after 10th or 12th.
Many students want to go to the medical field, for which they think of doing MBBS or BDS after 12th, for which they take the NEET exam, while some students want to go to the engineering field which is BE or B.TECH.
In such a situation, there is another course in which you can make a better career, called biotechnology or biotech, which you can do after 10th and 12th. Today we will tell you in detail about biotechnology.
In biotechnology, you can do diploma, graduation, post graduation and PhD, which helps you to make a better career, in this course you learn a lot of new things.
B.Tech Biotechnology is also known as biotech for short, as its name suggests, it makes products using organicity and technology, which proves to be helpful in our lives.
If we see, biotechnology has a huge contribution in the field of agriculture, where people of biotechnology research new fertilizers etc. used in agriculture.
Apart from this, biotechnology has a huge contribution in animal husbandry, health, medicine, industry, environment etc.
Biotech course is available in most colleges of India, which can be done through BSc, along with this you can also do BTech or BE from Biotechnology, after which you can work as an engineer in this field.
Eligibility for Biotechnology Course
If you want to do a diploma course in biotechnology, then it is mandatory for you to pass 10th.
If we talk about bachelor’s degree in biotechnology, then it is mandatory for you to pass 12th and the same 12th should be from your science stream, in which it is mandatory to have biology subject.
And to do post graduation in biotechnology, you must have passed graduation from a branch related to biotechnology or biology.
If we talk about the admission process in biotechnology or biotech B.Tech, then for this you have to pass one of the entrance exams like DUET, QET, JMIEE, IIT-JAM, AIIMS etc.
Types of Biotechnology
Biotechnology has a total of 4 branches, which is something like this.
Biotechnology related courses
Marine & aquatic applications of biotechnology
- Diploma course
- Bachelor Degree Courses
- Post Graduation Courses (Master/PG Diploma Programme)
- PhD courses
If you want to do Biotechnology course after passing class 10th, then for this you can join Biotechnology Diploma course, for which you should be at least 17 years old and the duration of this course is three years.
Bachelor Degree Courses
- If you have passed 12th and after that you want to complete graduation in biotechnology, then it is mandatory for you to pass 12th biology subject.
- To complete a bachelor’s degree in biotechnology, you can take admission in BSc, BE or BTech courses, if you do BSc or BE then it takes you three years to complete. At the same time, four years have to be given for B.tech.
After completing biotechnology from BTech or BE course, you get an engineer’s degree, after which you are called an engineer, along with this you have a good job.
Post graduation courses
- To do post graduation from biotechnology, you must have passed graduation from any branch related to biology. It takes you at least two years to complete a master’s degree.
PhD Course (Biotechnology)
- After doing phd course, you get a doctor next to the name, so it is called doctoral program, for which you have to pass your post graduation, this course is of three to four years.
- After doing which you can make a career in the field of research.
Salary after Biotechnology
- Many people have this question that how much salary we get after doing a biotechnology course, it completely depends on how much knowledge you have acquired in biotechnology and how much experience you have in it.
- If you talk about salary in this field, then during training, your salary is between 25 thousand and 30 thousand, if you do BTech etc. So your salary depends on your skill, in which your salary is between 50 thousand and 80 thousand.
- Similarly, as your experience increases, your salary also increases according to your post.
Job Fields in Biotechnology
- Research Laboratories
- Genetic engineering
- Health care center
- Food Manufacturing Industries
- Environmental conservation
- Animal husbandry
- IT Company
- Soil biology
- Textile industry
Job Profile in Biotechnology
- Biomedical Engineers
- Medical scientists
- Biological technicians
- Medical and Clinical Lab Technologists & Technicians
- R&D and Process Development Scientists
- Biomanufacturing Specialists
- Bioproduction Operators
- Biochemists and Biophysicists
Biotechnology Entrance Exam
If you want to do Biotechnology course from a better college, for this you have to pass the entrance exam which is something like this.
Best Colleges for Biotechnology
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
- Fergusson College, Pune
- Christ University, Bangalore
- St. Xavier’s College (SXC), Kolkata
- JSS Academy of Higher Studies and Research Institute, Mysore
- Banasthali Vidyapeeth, Jaipur
- Mount Carmel College (MCC) Bangalore
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
- Birla Institute of Technology, BIT Mesra
- National Institute of Technology (NITC)
- All the Indian Institute of Technologies
How to become a Biotech Engineer
Today everyone wants to make a career in the field of engineering, if you want to become a Biotech Engineer, then it is mandatory for you to pass 12th PCB subject.