Bachelor in Commerce (B.Com – Honors)
BCom Hons Course Details
BCom Hons is a 3-year undergraduate degree course. BCom Hons introduces you to fundamental accounting principles, micro- and macroeconomics, economic theory, business and policy, and so on. The main objective of the BCom Hons course is to train students in economic theory, business, and policy. The foundation of commerce and business principles is important for any organization. Students pursuing the BCom Hons. courses have many job opportunities in various sectors like accounting, management, finance, banking, etc. There are numerous job opportunities in the private sector for BCom Hons. graduates.
The table given below contains a brief overview of the following course:
|Course||Bachelor of Commerce [Hons.]|
|BComFull Form||Bachelor of Commerce Honors|
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Course Type||Degree programme|
|Course Fees||INR 36,000- 5 lakhs per annum|
|Eligibility||10+2 passed from a recognised body|
|Admission Process||BCom Hons. Entrance Test, Merit List, IPU CET, NPAT, BHU UET, DUET|
|average starting salary||1.8 Lakhs 5 Lakhs|
|Age||There is no specific age limit.|
BCom Hons Admission Process 2023
- The admission process for the BCom Hons. the course can be completed either on-campus or online.
- The admission process for the BCom Hons. with any subject course is based on the marks obtained in 10+2 classes as well as the marks obtained in the entrance test.
- Therefore, candidates applying for the course must meet the basic BCom Hons. eligibility criteria for the course, which is a combination of marks obtained in their 10+2 classes and an entrance test in any commerce discipline.
BCom Hons Fees in 2023
BCom fees may vary depending on your college or chosen university. But usually the monthly fee for b-com courses ranges from 3,000 to 15,000 per month. Bcom degrees can range from 36,000 to 1.8 lakh per year, depending on the university and city.
How to Apply for BCom Hons Admission?
- Admission to the BCom course is done on the basis of the marks obtained in the entrance examination related to any commerce subject and the marks obtained in the 12th and 10th grades.
- After conducting a personal interview, counselling and group discussion by the university or college, and, in some cases, a written examination that is not compulsory,
- Candidates are allotted seats on the basis of various BCom Hons. eligibility criteria that are offered by the college or university authorities.
Eligibility for BCom Hons 2023
- The rules for admission to BCom have been made by the admission authorities, which are as follows:
- The applicant must be a resident of India to be admitted to the BCom
- For residence proof, the applicant should have a domicile certificate.
- Admission to BCom requires completion of the 12th grade in the commerce stream.
- If the student wishes to take a reserved seat, he or she must present a caste certificate.
- If required, a non-creamy layer certificate should also be required.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to comply with the rules framed from time to time.
- minimum 45% marks in 10+2 or equivalent in commerce subjects like math, accounting, business studies, and others.
- Students must have a Class 12 diploma from a recognised board.
- The admission process for the BCom Hons. with any discipline course is based on the marks obtained in 10+2 classes as well as the marks obtained in the entrance test.
BCom Hons Entrance exam 2023
- The Eligibility for the BCom Hons. the entrance exam totally depends on the exam conducting body. The BCom Hons. the entrance exam consists of questions related to quantitative reasoning, current events, reasoning knowledge, affairs, and class 11 and 12 topics to analyze the knowledge abilities of the candidates.
- There is no negative marking in the BCom Hons. entrance exam. And only multiple-choice questions are asked in it.
- The entrance exam is conducted in both English and Hindi, and the total exam time is 3 hours.
- Most of the questions in the entrance exam are related to current affairs and some basic topics in 10th and 12th grade classes.
- Some of the top entrance exams for BCom Hons. are conducted by the university. So that it can be clear how much the student is interested in BCom Hons. Some of the entrance exams for BCom Hons. are as follows:
- IPU CET
- BHU UET
Duration of BCom Hons in 2023
BCom Hons is a three-year undergraduate programme consisting of six semesters. Students who complete three years of BCom honors will receive a degree approved by the UGC.
BCom Hons Entrance Exam Syllabus
Let us tell you that to prepare for the BCom Hons. entrance exam, you need to be updated with general knowledge and current affairs.
Keep practicing with sample papers and previous year’s question papers to improve your preparation.
BCom Hons Entrance Exam 2023
Following are the top entrance exams for BCom Hons admission:
- IPU CET
- BHU UET
- NMIMS NPAT
- Lucknow University BCom (Hons) Entrance Examination
- Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) BCom (Hons) Entrance Exam
Strategy for BCom Hons Entrance Exam 2023
- Things to keep in mind while preparing for the BCom Hons. Entrance Exam
- You must check the exam pattern and syllabus before you start preparing for the BCom Hons. entrance exam.
- Let us tell you that for the preparation of the BCom Hons. entrance exam, you need to be updated with general knowledge and current affairs.
- Keep practicing with sample papers and previous year’s question papers to improve your preparation.
- You will have to give around 4–8 mock exams before taking the entrance exam for BCom Hons.
- Study hard, prepare well, and sleep on time and regularly to perform your best in the BCom Hons entrance exam.
BCom Hons Syllabus
The BCom Hons Syllabus includes subjects like business statistics, business mathematics, business economics, indirect taxes, and cost accounting. The BCom Hons curriculum consists of foundations, cores, electives, and projects. Let us know in detail about the BCom Hons. Semester.
BCom Hons First Year Syllabus
Below is the First Year BCom Hons. Syllabus:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Info. Tech. & Business Communication||Advanced Company Accounts and Financial Analysis|
|Business Economics||Income Tax Laws and Accounts|
|Specialised Accounts||Company Law and Secretarial Practice|
|Costing & Auditing||Voce Viva|
|Business Regulatory Framework||Business Entrepreneurship|
BCom Hons Second Year Syllabus
Below is the Second Year BCom Hons. Syllabus:
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Business Mathematics||Indirect Tax|
|Principles of Marketing||Human Resource Management|
|Interdisciplinary||Indian Economy: Policy and Management|
|Income Tax Law and Practice||Corporate Accounting|
BCom Hons Third Year Syllabus
Below is the Third Year BCom Hons. Syllabus:
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Financial Management||Business Communication|
|Corporate Tax-Planning||Fundamentals of Investment|
|Compensation Management||Project Work|
|Auditing||Entrepreneurship and small business|
|Management Accounting||International Business|
Top Colleges for BCom Hons
|Loyola College||₹ 225,300||Chennai|
|Symbiosis College of Arts and Commerce||₹ 145,802||Pune|
|Mount Carmel College||₹ 20,0000||Bangalore|
|Hindu College||₹ 54,780||Delhi|
|DU SOL||₹ 79,000||Delhi|
|Aditi Mahavidyalaya, Delhi||₹ 15,930||Delhi|
|Hansraj College, Delhi||₹ 62,835||Delhi|
|St. Xavier’s College||₹ 149,000||Kolkata|
|MCM-DAV College for Women||——||Chandigarh|
|SXC Ranchi, St. Xavier’s College||₹ 96,450||Ranchi|
|SRCC Delhi: Shri Ram College of Commerce||₹ 89,895||Delhi|
Documents Required for Admission in BCom Hons
The following documents are required for admission to BCom Hons:
- 10+2 Marksheet
- Aadhar card
- Copy of the school leaving certificate
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- passport-size photo
Documents for BCom Hons Abroad Admission
The documents required for admission in BCom Hons at an overseas university are given below:
- 10+2 Marksheet
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- updated professional resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Marks
- recommendation letter, or LOR
- passport-size photo
- passport photocopy
- Statement of Purpose
Mumbai BCom Hons Colleges
|1||Nagindas Khandwala College, Mumbai|
|2||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|3||NM College of Commerce and Economics|
|5||Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj University, Navi Mumbai|
|6||Amity University, Mumbai|
|7||Navi Mumbai NMIMS|
Colleges for BCom Hons in Delhi
|1||KMC Delhi-KKirori Mal College|
|2||Acharya Narendra Dev College, New Delhi|
|3||Hindu College, Delhi|
|4||SRCC Delhi: Shri Ram College of Commerce|
|5||Hansraj College, Delhi|
|6||Aditi Mahavidyalaya, Delhi|
|8||Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, New Delhi|
Bangalore BCom Hons Colleges
|Colleges Rank||College Name|
|1||Mount Carmel College, Bangalore|
|2||Christ University, Bangalore|
|3||Jain University, Bangalore|
|4||CMR University, Bangalore|
|5||KJC Bangalore: Kristu Jayanti College|
|6||Reva University, Bangalore|
|7||Christ Academy Institute for Advanced Studies, Bangalore|
Jobs After Completed BCom Hons
|Job Positions||Average Salary|
|Chartered Accountant (CA)||INR 7-20 LPA|
|Investment Banker||INR 9-25 LPA|
|Financial Analyst||INR 4–10 LPA|
|Financial Consultant||INR 6–10 LPA|
|Finance Manager||INR 9–12 LPA|
|Business Analyst||INR 5–12 LPA|
|Business Consultant||INR 9-15 LPA|
|Stock Broker||3-6 LPA in INR|
Career Scope After BCom Hons
After BCom Hons, you can work as a financial advisor, a financial risk manager, a company secretary, an operations manager, or in the banking industry.Below, we have mentioned all the career options in detail.
company secretary—or an individual, depending on the company.
Financial advisors and advisors: In this, you can earn money according to your ability; usually, people earn from 2.5Lakh to 4.5Lakh
Any job in the bank sector will not give you a salary less than 2.5Lakh, and you can take more than that as per your capacity.
Financial Risk manager
Also Read :BCom in Accounting & Taxation
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a B.Com (Honors) degree?
It is an undergraduate degree program in commerce that focuses on advanced coursework and research in the field of commerce and business.
What are the eligibility criteria for a B.Com (Honors) degree?
The eligibility criteria vary depending on the institution and country, but generally, students need to have completed their higher secondary education (10+2) in Commerce or a related field.
What are the subjects studied in a B.Com (Honors) degree?
Subjects typically studied in a B.Com (Honors) degree include financial accounting, financial management, business statistics, business law, and economics.
How long does it take to complete a B.Com (Honors) degree?
A B.Com (Honors) degree typically takes three years to complete.
What are the career opportunities after completing a B.Com (Honors) degree?
Graduates can pursue a career in finance, accounting, banking, marketing, and management roles in various industries. Some students may also choose to pursue further education such as an MBA or M.Com to advance their career.