B.E. (Electrical and Electronics Engineering)
Are you curious about how electronic devices work? Are you interested in knowing how different forms of energy fuel the equipment we use for our daily activities? Among the oldest engineering branches, electrical engineering studies electromagnetism, electronics, and electricity and their applications. It has evolved into various specialisations such as control engineering, power engineering, and communications engineering. If you are passionate about the world of electronics and want to make a career in it, then you have come to the right place. Through this blog, we will take a look at the wide range of electrical engineering courses available across the world as well as the broad scope of this technical field.
- The field of electrical engineering is huge. In the College of Electrical Engineering, you are taught about electronic gadgets in both theory and practise.
- The job of an electrical engineer is to repair electronic machines. Their jobs can be found at everything from big industrial plants to small electronics companies.
- These companies can design electronic machines, manufacture computer chips, car engines, and aircraft, as well as smartphone parts and automobiles.
- Electrical engineering includes many other tasks such as signal processing, geoscience and remote sensing, robotics, frequency control, ultrasound, laser and electro-optics, and much more that you will learn in college.
- The electrical engineer has the option of choosing the subject in which he is most interested. such as computers, smartphones, electronic gadgets, radars, power plants, navigation systems, etc.
- An engineer’s annual salary can start as high as Rs. 4 lakhs. It can be more or less, and it totally depends on your capability.
Eligibility Criteria for (Electrical Engineer)
- If you have decided that you want to do electronic engineering, then it is very important for you to know some things.
- To take admission in an electrical engineering college, you must have had Physics, Chemistry, and Math in 12th grade (PCM), and your minimum marks should be 60%.
- You must take the college’s entrance exam to be admitted to a government college.You will get admission on the basis of your percentage.
- If you are not admitted to a government college, you can enrol in an electrical engineering course at a private college.
- However, many private colleges have also started taking entrance exams nowadays. The duration of these colleges is 4 years.
- You can also do electronic engineering with your diploma. But most of the children prepare for the entrance exam after the 10th grade so that they get into a good engineering college.
- If you want to pursue engineering after your diploma, you must take the polytechnic entrance exam; this diploma course lasts three years.
Electrical Engineering Course Fees
The course fee depends on the electrical engineering college. If you enrol in a government college, your tuition will be much lower than if you enrol in a private college.
However, in order to be admitted to a government college, you must pass an entrance exam.for which you need very good preparation.
- After completing the tenth grade, you are eligible to begin a three-year diploma program.for which you will have to pay $30,000 in annual fees at a government college. in which you will be taught everything related to electrical engineering.
- After completing the 12th grade, you must pursue a 4-year graduation course or a B.Tech. degree. In which a government college requires an annual fee of Rs 1,000,000. In which you will learn everything there is to know about engineering.
Admission Process of BE (Electrical Engineering)
- We talked about course fees and documents electrical engineering course, now let’s talk about the admission process of electrical engineering.
- The time has come to see the most important information on how to become an electrical engineer in Hindi. To become a successful electrical engineer, first you have to give entrance exam.
- After passing your entrance exam, you get a green ticket to take admission in any private and government electrical engineering college.
- Keep in mind that every year Electrical Engineering Admission dates change from time to time, so always bookmark this post for updates.
- Online Engineering Admission Forms are invited in the month of June-July which are decided according to the merit whether will get admission or not.
- After this, now you have to provide all the required electrical engineering documents demanded by the college and the life of your engineering college will begin.
- After qualifying the exam, you have to select your college, pay the admission fee and documents. After submitting all these things to the college, you will get a message from the college that from which day your college is starting.
- Now all you have to do is prepare to go to college and get electrical engineering books. In the end, you have to concentrate on studies diligently.
Electrical Engineering Course List
Under the vast domain of Electrical Engineering, there are a number of courses that can suit your profile at different levels and help you turn your career aspirations into success. The table below explains the remarkable variety of courses at different levels offered at leading universities around the world.
|Diploma||Diploma of Engineering (Electrical Engineering) Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technician Ontario College Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technician|
|bachelor||Bachelor of Science in Engineering (EE) Bachelor of Engineering Honors (EE) Bachelor of Engineering (EE) BEng Honors (Electronic and Electrical Engineering) Bachelor of Arts (EE) Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronic Engineering)|
|masters||Master of Science in EE Master of Science in Engineering (EE) Master of Science in Engineering (EE) Master of Advanced Engineering (EE) Master of Professional Engineering (Electrical) Master of Engineering Science in EE|
|PHD||Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical and Electronics Engineering Doctor of Philosophy in EE Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical and Computer Engineering|
Best Colleges for Electrical Engineering
In this section, we have told you about the best colleges, exams, courses and their syllabus for (Electrical engineering.
|DSCE Bangalore||BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||₹ 487,624||COMEDK UGET, KCET|
|RVCE Bangalore – RV College of Engineering||BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||₹ 334,100||COMEDK UGET, KCET|
|PSG Tech Coimbatore – PSG College of Technology||BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||₹ 346,904||JEE MAIN|
|MSRIT Bangalore – Ramaiah Institute of Technology||BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||₹ 346,904 |
|COMEDK UGET, KCET|
|BMSCE Bangalore – BMS College of Engineering- Trivandrum||BE Electrical and Electronics EnBE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||₹ 88,240 |
|COMEDK UGET, KCET |
|Sathyabama University||BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||₹ 75,000||SAEEE|
|Andhra University College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam||BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||₹ 75,000||AP EAMCET|
|Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore||BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||₹ 394,800||College Internal Test|
|GCT Coimbatore – Government College of Technology |
College of Engineering, Trivandrum
|BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||₹ 40,120||College Internal Test|
|REVA University, Bangalore||BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||₹ 88,240||COMEDK UGET, Uni-Gauge-E, REVA CET, KCET|
|Chandigarh University, Chandigarh |
|BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||₹ 480,000||College Internal Test|
|BIT Bangalore – Bangalore Institute of Technology |
|BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||₹ 237,024||COMEDK UGET, KCET|
|AIT Bangalore||BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||₹ 110,540||COMEDK UGET, KCET|
|NIT Trichy||BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||₹ 570,550||JEE Main|
|BIT Sathy – Bannari Amman Institute of Technology||BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||₹ 237,024||COMEDK UGET, KCET|
|NMIT Bangalore||BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||₹ 265,224||COMEDK UGET, KCET|
(Electrical Engineering Salary & Job Position)
|Job Position||Average Salary ( Annum)|
|Micro Electrical Engineer||3,50,000 INR|
|Electrical Engineer||4,00,000 INR|
|Power Engineer||5,00,000 INR|
|Instrumentation Engineer||5,50,000 INR|
|Telecommunications Engineer||4,50,000 INR|
|Electrical Design Engineer||3,50,000 INR|
Best Companies for Electrical Engineers
- ABB India
- Adani Transmission Limited
- Aditya Birla Group
- AIR WORKS India Engineering Private Limited
- Altair Electronics Limited
- Amara Raja Batteries
- AMCO Electrical & Engineering Co.
- Bajaj Electrical Limited
- San Engineering and Locomotive Co. Limited
- Schinder electric
- SFO Technologies Private Limited
- Siemens Automation
- SKF Limited
- Steel Authority of India (SAIL)
- Sterlite Power
- Surya Roshni Limited
- Suzlon Energy Limited
- TAFE – Power Source Division (PSD)
- T D Power Systems
- Taneja Aerospace & Aviation Limited (TAAL)
- Tata Iron and Steel Company Limited (TISCO)
- Tata Motors
- Techno Electric & Engineering Company Limited
- TE Connectivity Limited
- Telco Construction Equipment Corporation Limited (Telcon)
- Thermax Limited
- Toyo Engineering Corporation Limited
- Toyota Electrical
- Turbo Tech Defence & Aerospace Private Limited
- Ultra Electric Company India Private Limited
- Usha Martin
- Videocon Industries Limited
- Vijai Electricals Limited
- Voltas limited
- Wartsila India Limited
- Wipro Infra’s automation
- BGR Energy Systems Limited
- Bharat Bijlee
- Bharat Electronics Limited
- Bharat Fritz Werner (BFW)
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- Bosch Electric
- Buhler Private Limited
- Cable Corporation of India Limited
- Centum Electronics
- Crompton Greaves (CG Power)
- Cummins Electronic
- Dongfang Electric (India) Private Limited
- Doosan Electronic
- EMCO ELECTRONICS
- Elektro Guhring (GmbH)
- Eon Electric
- Exide Industries Limited
- Fuji Electric India Private Limited
- General Electric (GE) Limited
- Gerb Vibration Control Systems Private Limited
- Grindwell Norton (GNO) Limited
- Goodrich Corporation (B.F. Goodrich Company)
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- Harithaa Power
- Havells India Limited
- HBL Power Systems Limited
- HCL technologies
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
- Hindustan Turbo Machinery Limited
- (L & T)
- LG Electric
- Mahindra Electric Mobility Limited
- Mahindra Electronics
- Marathon Electric
- Micro Electrical
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Moog, Inc. (Space & Defense Group)
- National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) Limited
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) Limited
- Nauvata Engineering Private Limited
- Noise & Vibration (N & V) Dynamics
- Oil India Limited (OIL)
- Paloma Turning Co. Private Limited
- Philips Electronics India
- Power Grid Corporation of India
- Ranka Steels
- Reliance Energy Limited
- Rockwell Automation
- Hyosung T&D India
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Electrical and Electronics Engineering?
Electrical and Electronics Engineering is a field of study that deals with the design, development, and maintenance of electrical systems and devices. It encompasses a wide range of technologies and applications, including power generation, transmission and distribution, control systems, telecommunications, and electronic devices.
What are the career opportunities for Electrical and Electronics Engineers?
Career opportunities for Electrical and Electronics Engineers include working in power generation and distribution, telecommunications, control systems, electronic devices, and semiconductors. They can also work in research and development, design and testing, and project management.
What kind of degree do I need to become an Electrical and Electronics Engineer?
A Bachelor's degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or a related field is typically required to become an Electrical and Electronics Engineer. However, advanced degree such as Master's or Ph.D. is required for some positions in research and academia.