Bachelor of Visual Arts (BVA)
Bachelor of Visual Arts – BVA Course
Bachelor of Visual Arts (BVA) is a four-year learner programme in fine arts in which students can pursue any of their interests. The candidate should be able to demonstrate knowledge in any of the following areas:
- Film making
- Stage management
- Television production
- Applied arts
- Technical arts
- Creative writing
What is a BVA Course?
Any candidate can pursue a Bachelor of Visual Arts degree if it is of interest to them. A candidate who is creative by nature and has out-of-the-box thinking will have a promising future in the Bachelor of Visual Arts. The BVA course will deliver deep theoretical as well as practical information to the candidate, and it will give you contacts and improve your career.
Why Choose BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts)?
The following are the benefits of taking the BVA course:
- Visual arts education allows pupils to express their thoughts and feelings while also supporting them in communicating with graphics.
- Individuals’ aesthetic, intellectual, emotional, social, and physical growth are all helped by graphic arts.
- Among the skills that students will learn during the course are creativity, creative ability, organisational skills, the ability to exert effort and concentrate, observance, visualisation abilities, imaginative skills, inventive skills, the ability to express, and others.
- Visual arts education contributes to the preservation of our various cultural heritages while also assisting us in visualising our roots and history.
- Paintings and sculptures at museums are more than just works of art; they also tell stories about our past.
- Today, BVA alumni use movies, videos, dance forms, paintings, and sculptures to communicate tales and newscasts from across the world.
- Graduates of the BVA programme will be talented enough to work in art studios, museums and galleries, the film and television industries, photo studios, and the apparel sector, among other places.
Eligibility Criteria for BVA Course
Admission to the Bachelor of Visual Arts is not difficult; the candidate must justify only three conditions:
- The candidate must have a 12 from a recognised board.
- The candidates have scored 50-60% aggregate in 12 examinations.
- Some universities require entrance exams, which aspirants must pass in order to be admitted.
Fee Structure for BVA Course
Many organizations in India charge between INR 40,000 and 2.5 LPA for BVA courses. The cost of a Bachelor of Visual Arts degree in India differs depending on the type of institute, location, infrastructure, faculty, and amenities provided. These are the various Colleges and their Fee Structure For BVA Course
|Institute/ University||City||Course Fee Annually|
|ST. Xavier’s College||Ahmadabad||INR 4,720|
|Delhi College of Arts and Commerce (DCAC)||New Delhi||INR 9,120|
|Sri Venkateswara College||New Delhi||INR 9,590|
|Gargi College||New Delhi||INR 8,055|
|Jai Hind College||Mumbai||INR 4,262|
|Jami Millia Islamia University (JMI)||New Delhi||INR 10,375|
|Jesus and Mary College (JMC)||New Delhi||INR 12,997|
|Ramjas College||New Delhi||INR 9,712|
|Fergusson College||Pune||INR 2,687|
|Hans Raj College (HRC)||New Delhi||INR 14,333|
|Hindu College||New Delhi||INR 14,333|
|College of Art||New Delhi||INR 18,719|
|Kamla Nehru College for Women||Punjab||INR 1,245|
|Miranda College||New Delhi||INR 12,160|
|Christ University||Bangalore||INR 56,667|
|Sir J.J Institute of Applied Arts||Mumbai||INR 5,400|
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women (LSR)||New Delhi||INR 16,390|
|Faculty of Visual Arts & Banaras Hindu University||Varanasi||INR 4,614|
|Faculty of Music & Fine Arts, University of Delhi (DU)||New Delhi||INR 6,000|
Admission Process for BVA Course
- Candidates have to achieve the eligibility standards before getting admission to the bachelor of visual arts programmer
- Most institutions and universities give admission on the basis of a candidate’s score in the passing exam
- Although some institutes require an entrance exam,
- Candidates must check the official website of the wanted institute and fill out the form for the Bachelor of Visual Arts. (B.V.A)
- An aptitude test is conducted by many universities, and candidates have to look for it
- After the entrance exam, the authorities will soon announce the results. When selecting students, many factors will be taken into account
Key Skills for BVA Course
Before applying for a bachelor’s degree in visual arts, candidates should ensure that their interests, skills, and passion match what they truly want to do. Candidates usually get confused and select the wrong subject, so before choosing, check the skills required for a BVA course. Here are some skills mentioned below:
- Imaginative skills
- Ability to express
- Critical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Visualization skills
- Ability to focus and concentrate
- Organization skills
- Artistic ability
Top Entrance Examination for BVA
Several institutes manage a standard entrance exam for candidates to measure their ability and originality by asking pertinent questions for both UG and PG levels through personal interviews conducted by consistent officials. The following are some of the Top Entrance Examination for BVA:
How to Prepare for the BVA Entrance Exams?
- The following are tips for BVP Entrance Exam preparation:
- The BVA entrance test question paper is broken into three sections: still life, questions founded on the selected subject, and theory questions
- 2. The first two portions usually last 1.5 hours each, while the theoretical section lasts two hours. Few things will be located in front of the applicants in the still life segment, and it will be obligatory for them to draw those objects using a graphite pencil
- 3. Candidates must ensure that the texture and dimensions of the things they are placing are right. This section is the humblest of the four, and it can only become talented with practice
- 4. The questions in the specialized subject of helping will be based on the subjects chosen by the candidate. Illustrations for applied arts, arrangements for painting and printing, storyboards for visual communication, and clay modeling for sculpting will all be offered
- 5. Candidates must prepare according to their selected subject. Theory questions will contain multiple-choice questions about current events, art history, art & culture, movies, and whatever else relates to the visual arts
Bachelor of Visual Arts (BVA) Course Syllabus
|BVA Semester 1st Syllabus||BVA Semester 2nd Syllabus|
|English 1: Creative Writing||English 2: Conversational skills|
|Fundamentals of Design||Architectural drawing 1|
|Raster Graphics||Vector Graphics|
|Fundamentals of Drawing||Design with type|
|History of art and Architecture||History of art and Architecture 2|
|BVA Semester 3rd Syllabus||BVA Semester 4th Syllabus|
|Environmental Act||Creative Sculpture 1|
|Material Culture 1||Interior Service 1|
|Architectural drawing 2||Media Ethics|
|Interior Design Studio 1||Material Culture 2|
|BVA Semester 5th Syllabus||BVA Semester 6th Syllabus|
|Interior Service 2||3-Dimensional Design 2|
|Interior Design Studio 2||Painting/Design Project|
|Designing for Web||Creative Sculpture Project|
|3-Dimensional Design 1||Interior Design Project|
|Creative Sculpture 2||Seminar level thesis Project|
These are the Bachelor of Visual Arts (BVA) Course Syllabus.
Top Colleges and Universities for BVA Course
|NAME OF INSTITUTE||LOCATION||DURATION|
|Delhi University||New Delhi||3 year|
|Lovely professional university (LPU)||Jalandhar, Punjab||4 year|
|Jamia Millia Islamia||New Delhi||4 year|
|Shreemati nathibai Damodar Thackrey women’s university (SNDTWU)||Mumbai, Maharashtra||4 year|
|Asian institute of design||Bangalore, Karnataka||4 year|
|Techno institute of management sciences||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh||4 year|
|Cindrebay school of design||Bangalore, Karnataka||4 year|
|Himalayan Garhwal university (HGU)||Garhwal, Uttar Pradesh||4 year|
|Parul university||Vadodara, Gujarat||4 year|
|NIMS University (NIMSU)||Jaipur, Rajasthan||4 year|
|Institute of visual and performing Arts (IVPA)||Aligarh, Uttar pradesh||3 year|
|The IIS university||Jaipur, Rajasthan||3 year|
|Rishihood university||Sonipat, Haryana||4 year|
|ICAT design and media college||Hyderabad, Telangana||3 year|
|Vogue institute of art and design (VIFT)||Bangalore, Karnataka||4 year|
|Poornima university (PU)||Jaipur, Rajasthan||3 year|
|Mahatma Jyoti Rao phoole University (MJPRU)||Jaipur, Rajasthan||3 year|
|Koshy’s animation and media school (KAMS)||Bangalore, Karnataka||4 year|
|Alva’s college||Moodabridi, Karnataka||3 year|
|Stand memorial PG college (SMPGC)||Jaipur, Rajasthan||3 year|
|Stella Maris college||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||4 year|
|Banaras Hindu University||Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh||3 year|
(Bachelor of Visual Art) BVA Course Specialization
In the (Bachelor of Visual Art) BVA course Specialization , you can go for knowledge in whichever area you need to make your career; there are many programmes you can opt for specialization in
- Architecture and Theatre
BVA Course Scope
If a candidate is passionate about art, the options for achievement in this sector are infinite. It teaches both theoretical and technical skills that are necessary for someone who wishes to develop as a professional in this sector. Illustration, film production, teaching, design, and advertising are all businesses where BVA contenders may readily find work
BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts) Top Recruiters
- Prime Focus
- Red Chillies
- Reliance Mediaworks
- HT Media
Job Profiles after BVA Course
Bachelor of visual arts graduates have many options; BVA graduates have many options to follow their passion; they can work independently or as part of a team in any industry. With the rising media industry, many job chances are rising for a bachelor of visual arts
- Product Designe
- Jewelry Designe
- Furniture Designe
- Costume Designe
- Audio Visual Artist
- Visual Designe
- Graphic Designe
- Art Conservato
- Art Critic
- Art Directo
- Owner- Manage
- Interior designe
- Decorator with special effects and wallpapering
- Contracts Manage
These are Profiles after the BVA Course
- Film Making
- Software Companies
- Publishing Houses
- Online Services
- Music Industry
- Fashion Houses
- Digital Media
- Dance Studios
- Clothing Industry
- Ceramics Industry
- Art Studios
- Advertising Agency
- Self Employed
Also Read About This Course – Animation Course
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Choose BVA ?
A Bachelor of Visual Arts (BVA) degree program is designed for students who are interested in pursuing a career in the visual arts and design fields.
Eligibility Criteria for BVA Course?
BVA course eligibility criteria include students who have passed 10+2 with 50% marks from a recognised board. Additionally, the BVA qualification includes students appearing for entrance exams conducted by colleges or at the national level.
Admission Process for BVA Course?
The admission process for a Bachelor of Visual Arts (BVA) course typically includes submitting a completed application, transcripts, a portfolio of previous art and design work, and meeting any additional requirements set by the university.
BVA Course Specialization?
BVA stands for "Business Value Assessment" and it is a course specialization that focuses on identifying and measuring the economic value of business initiatives, projects and investments.
Top Recruiters of BVA ?
Some top recruiters for Bachelor of Visual Arts (BVA) graduates include: advertising agencies, design firms, animation studios, television networks, film production companies, museums, galleries, art schools, and non-profit organizations.
What After BVA ?
After completing a BVA, graduates can pursue a career in their field of interest or continue their education by pursuing a MFA or MA in a related field.