PGDAS Course Details
A Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting Software (PGDAS) is an expert qualification that delivers training in the use of accounting software. The program typically covers topics such as financial reporting, budgeting, payroll, and tax training using accounting software such as QuickBooks, MYOB, and Xero.
PGDAS programmes are typically pitched towards individuals who want to improve their specialised knowledge of the use of accounting software and are interested in pursuing a career in accounting or finance. These programmes may be available at universities, colleges, or professional training institutes and may be delivered online or in a traditional classroom setting.
To be eligible for a PGDAS program, you typically need to have finished a bachelor’s degree in a related field such as accounting, finance, or business. Some programmes may also require you to have pertinent work experience or to have completed certain basics, such as accounting fundamentals or computer skills.
Graduates of a PGDAS programme may be qualified for positions such as accounting software professional, accounting clerk, or financial analyst. They may also be able to pursue further study, such as a Master’s degree in accounting or finance.
|Industry||Accounting and Finance|
|Eligibility Criteria||Graduate in the relevant field from a recognized institute.|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3-4 LPA|
|Job Opportunity||Retail Sectors, Corporate Sectors, Finance Sectors, Banks|
Why Choose PGDAS
There are numerous reasons why individuals may select to pursue a Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting Software (PGDAS):
- To gain specialised information in the use of accounting software, a programme delivers training in the use of accounting software such as QuickBooks, MYOB, and Xero, which can be useful for those who want to work in accounting or finance and want to improve their know-how in using these tools.
- Employers in the accounting and finance sectors frequently seek applicants who are proficient in the use of accounting software to increase employability .A can help you stand out from other job applicants and make you more attractive to potential employers.
- To further your career: A GDPAS can provide the skills and information needed to take on more accountability in your current job or to pursue a new career path in accounting or finance.
- To study at your own pace: Many programmes are offered online, which lets students study at their own pace and fit their studies around their other commitments.
- To improve their earning potential, professionals with specialised knowledge in the use of accounting software may be able to command higher salaries compared to those without this expertise.
Ultimately, the decision to pursue a PGDAS will depend on your career goals and the specific requirements of your chosen field. It’s important to carefully consider the benefits and drawbacks of this qualification before making a decision.
As per the PGDCA eligibility criteria, students must have finished a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 41% aggregate from a recognised university. Some universities and colleges may also require students to study mathematics as a required subject at the graduate level.
PGDAS Admission Process
In most cases, admission to the PGDAS is based on the merits of the preceding qualifying exams. There are no exact entrance exams held at the national or state level for admission to the program. Applicants must, however, meet the eligibility requirements set forth by the relevant institutions to be admitted to the program. Some organisations may conduct an entrance exam.
- Candidates can apply for the course online at the organization’s website.
- They will be asked to provide personal and academic information.
- For some, admission tests are held by universities and a few institutes to select applicants.
- However, most institutes choose applicants based on their presentation in the qualifying exam.
- If selected, candidates will receive an offer letter. They will have to pay the admission fees.
PGDAS Entrance Examinations
For admission to the Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting Software, there is typically no entrance examination. Admission to decided on a first-come, first-served basis.
For admission to the PGDAS, applicants are qualified based on their performance in the previous qualifying examination. However, some institutions may conduct admission based on the ability or admission test conducted at the college or university level.
|YEAR I||YEAR II|
|Computer Architecture and Systems Software||Project Work|
|Web Technology||Software Engineering|
|Discrete Mathematics and Statistics||DBMS|
|Computer Networking||Object-Oriented Programming|
PGDAS Top Colleges
|COLLEGE NAME||AVERAGE FEES|
|Andhra University||INR 1.5 LPA|
|Chhattisgarh University||INR 1 LPA|
|University of Rajasthan||INR 1.5 LPA|
|Vardhman Mahaveer Open University||INR 1.5 LPA|
|JOB PROFILES||AVERAGE SALARY|
|Junior Auditor||INR 4 LPA|
|Financial Consultant||INR 4.5 LPA|
|Distributor||INR 6 LPA|
|Sales Manager||INR 6 LPA|
|Clerk||INR 3 LPA|
PGDAS Top Recruiters
- NSKT and Co LLP
- Stuart Wilson
- New Pro Enterprises
- Illumni Technologies
- Sancity Soft Touch Pvt. Ltd
- Acubel IT Solutions
- Blue River Technology
- Agilent Consultancy
- Power System Infotech
- VCN India Pvt Ltd
- Peniel Technology LLC
- Shakti Infotech Pvt. Ltd
Also Read About This Course – Human Resources