Master of Business Administration (MBA)
MBA Degree is a popular postgraduate course in India and around the world. An MBA Degree is required for most executive level jobs across the state and region, which is why a large number of BTech, BBA, BCom, BA, BCA, and BSc degree holders now pursuing an MBA degree as post graduation degree in 2023.
What is an MBA Degree?
MBA Degree program is an internationally recognised degree that plans to develop the skills required for careers in business and management. However, the benefits of an MBA degree are not limited to the business world, as it can also be valuable for individuals pursuing managerial careers in the public sector, government, private industry, and various other domains.
MBA degree can include subjects such as organizational behavior, marketing, principles of management, and supply chain management. Some of the top recruiters in 2023 for MBA Degree holders include TATA consultancy services, Infosys, Deloitte, Accenture, Google, Mckinsey, Meta & many more. The roles generally offered to MBA degree holders are in middle management, such as HR Manager, Product Manager, Strategy Manager, and more.
MBA Degree 2023 - Highlights
MBA Degree is a two-year programme available only after graduation. The given table indicates the key highlights of the MBA course:
MBA Full Form
Master of Business Administration
Types of MBA
Full time MBA Degree, Distance MBA Degree, Part-Time MBA Degree, Online MBA Degree, Integrated MBA Degree, and Executive MBA Degree
MBA Degree Fees
INR 2 lacs to 7 lacs or above
MBA Degree Admission Process
Entrance Exam + Personal interview + Group discussion
Top MBA Degree Colleges in 2023
There are 500+ colleges in India offering full time MBA Degree in 2023. Most popular colleges including IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Lucknow, ISB Hyderabad and among others.
Top MBA Degree Entrance Exam in 2023
Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Digital Marketing, operations, Finance and many more
Average Salary post MBA Degree in 2023
INR 5 lacs to 25 lacs per annum
Top Recruiters for MBA Degree graduates
TATA consultancy services, Infosys, Deloitte, Accenture, Google, Mckinsey, Meta & many more.
For More Information
Get in touch with us at Info@showmecourses.com Or Call us at +91-7231987627
MBA Degree 2023 - Overview
- MBA Degree 2023 is a popular course because it is open to students from all disciplines (science, arts, and commerce).
- A regular MBA Degree is two years long, as it can be divided into four semesters. But some of the institutes offer one-year PGDM programmes as well.
- An MBA Degree can be obtained in a different ways, including full-time MBA, MBA Degree from distance learning, online MBA programs, and part-time MBA Degree. Candidates who have a keen interest can also personalize their program according to their professional background, such as opting for an executive MBA.
- Many educational establishments offers a Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), a Post-Graduate Diploma (PGD), or a Post-Graduate Program in Management (PGP) as alternatives to obtaining an MBA Degree. There is a difference between these two, but only in terms of knowledge.
- In 2023, A full time MBA Degree is one of the most popular degree program among other education modes for gaining business skills and achieving good career growth. MBA Degree program includes theory classes, practical projects, student exchange programs, internships, and job placements.
- Online MBA programs, part-time MBA Degree, and MBA Degree from distance learning are suitable options for candidates who wish to study while working.
- While some colleges prefer fresh graduates, others give higher preference to candidates with five years of experience needed for a full-time MBA Degree
Types of MBA courses
MBA is a course which is available in various modes and formats. In 2023, MBA Degree are in high demand, and a wide range of MBA programs have emerged, each catering to different levels of students. Individuals who are currently employed can pursue an executive MBA, a distance learning MBA, or an online MBA program. Multiple types of MBA courses are listed below:
Full-Time MBA Degree
The full-time MBA Degree lasts two years, and its residential component includes theory classes, practical projects, student exchange programs, internships, and placement opportunities. The full-time MBA Degree fee ranges from INR 2 to 25 lacs per annum. Full-time MBA Degree is a popular choice for postgraduate studies among graduates from various streams such as BTech, BCA, BCom, BBA, etc. The candidate can belong to any stream and pursue an MBA Degree.
The Executive MBA is a part-time MBA programme that is designed for professionals with considerable work experience of more than five years. The EMBA is a one-year course useful for managers, entrepreneurs, and business leaders. The course is similar to a full-time MBA, but it has a shorter duration.
Part-Time MBA Degree
A part-time MBA is best for working professionals who wish to learn managerial skills. In these MBA programs, candidates don’t have campus placements or internship opportunities. Both private colleges and government universities offer these part-time MBA programs.
Distance MBA Degree
In distance learning MBA Degree, the candidate can pursue this programme by means of remote communication and correlation. These courses are designed for people who have limited time and resources, as they are affordable and flexible for candidates. Candidates can complete this course in two to five years due to its flexibility.
Online MBA Degree
Online MBA programmes can be completed in one to four years. It is a part-time, UGC-approved MBA Degree; there are no physical classes in an online MBA Degree, as you can pursue it while sitting in another city.
MBA Degree from Abroad
- Students who want to study for an MBA Degree from abroad they must have to complete their 16 years of education, which means they must complete 12 years of schooling and 4 years of graduation.
- To gain admission to an MBA Degree in another country, one must first compete in or pass the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT), as well as the language proficiency tests, such as the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- The cost of an MBA Degree in abroad is indeed high, ranging from INR 8 lacs to even a few crores in some cases; however, there are many MBA Degree scholarships available for candidates.
- A bachelor’s degree with 50% marks in business or related fields meets the eligibility criteria. The best MBA Degree colleges in the world ask for work experience ranging from 3 to 5 years. Below are some countries in the world for an MBA Degree abroad:
MBA Degree in Germany
MBA Degree in USA
MBA Degree in Canada
MBA Degree in Australia
MBA Degree Eligibility Criteria
The full-time MBA Degree eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The basic eligibility criteria for a full-time MBA Degree is to having a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Most institutes follow the rule of requiring a minimum of 50% of the marks obtained for graduation.
- Students in the Reserved category must achieve a minimum aggregate score of 45%.
- Final-year students of any bachelor degree, are also eligible to apply for an MBA Degree course.
- Professionals with CA, CS, ICWA and other degrees can also pursue an MBA Degree course.
MBA Degree Skill Set
Below is a table that shows some skills that are required for the MBA/PGDM course:
Good communication skills
Strong mathematical skills
Eye for detail
Goal-oriented & ability to work under pressure
MBA Degree Admissions 2023-24
MBA Degree admission 2023-24 arises through national-level entrance exams like the MAT, CMAT, and CAT. Candidates can also sit for university- and state-level exams such as KMAT, APICET and MAH-CET, among others, in order to seek admission to the MBA degree program. test conducted by the university for admission to MBA programmes being offered by colleges that are associated with it, such as XAT, SNAP, and IIFT Exam. Some important entrance exams details are given below:
Registration Start Date & Last Date to Apply
Admit card availability
Starting Date: 1st week of August 2023 & Last Date: 2nd week of September 2023
Last week of October 2023
November 26, 2023
MAH CET 2024
Starting Date: 3rd week of Feb 2024 & Last Date: 2nd week of March 2024
3rd week of March 2024
25, 26 March, 6 May 2024 (Tentative)
Starting Date: 1st week of August 2023 & Last Date: 1st week of November 2023
Last week of December 2023
January 7, 2024
As such, MBA Degree admissions are based on group discussions and personal interviews after the clearance of the entrance exams. The institutes use PI/GD to examine each aspirant’s qualities that cannot be measured by their admission exam result or academic score.
MBA Degree Entrance Exam 2023
CAT, MAT, GMAT, etc. are all popular entrance exams in India. MBA degree admission to tier 1 and tier 2 colleges is based on the entrance exam score. Other appearance exams for the MBA are mostly limited to a specific state or institute.
MBA Degree Syllabus 2023
The MBA Degree curriculum is divided into four semesters. The MBA Degree curriculum is designed to meet industry standards and assist students in obtaining suitable placements. The first two semesters deal with mostly core and theoretical subjects. There is an mandatory internship in the 4th semester. Students begin with core subjects such as organizational behaviour, marketing and the principles of management and in their second year, they deal with subjects such as entrepreneurship and business law, among others. The MBA Degree includes the following topics:
- HR management
- Business planning
- Finance management
- Principles of management
- Business laws
- Communication skills
- Business Communication
- Computer Application
- Organisational behaviour
- Retail management
- Project work
- Business environment
MBA Degree Syllabus Semester Wise
The MBA Degree is typically divided into 4-6 semesters spanning two years. The subjects listed below are organized according to each semester.
MBA Degree Syllabus - Semester I
Human Resource Management
information technology management
MBA Degree Syllabus - Semester II
Organization Effectiveness and Change
Business Economic Environment
Management of Information Systems
MBA Degree Syllabus - Semester III
Business ethics and corporate social responsibility
Business Legal Environment
MBA Degree Syllabus, Semester - IV
International Business Environment
Top MBA Degree Colleges
There are approximately 5,000 MBA Degree colleges in India. Candidates can choose MBA colleges based on their interest in a specific MBA specialization, fees, location, placements, infrastructure, and entrance exam scores. Getting admission into most top-tier colleges and MBA Degree programs is highly competitive due to their strict selection criteria. These institutions aim to choose the most exceptional candidates, which making it essential for candidates to put in good effort to achieve high scores in exams such as the GMAT or CAT.
Getting into a Tier 2 or Tier 3 MBA Degree college is relatively easier. Their admission cut-offs are not as high as those of the prestigious colleges, such as IIMs, XLRI, MDI, SPJIMR, FMS, and IMT.
MBA Degree colleges in Nagpur
There are many MBA Degree colleges in Nagpur, and each has its own strengths and weaknesses. You will need to do your research to figure out which college is the best fit for you and your career goals. Some of the top MBA Degree colleges in Nagpur are given below:
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Nagpur
- IMT Nagpur
- Dr Ambedkar Institute of Management and Research, Nagpur
- TIME Nagpur – Tirpude Institute of Management Education
- RTMNU Nagpur – Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University
- Dr Ambedkar Institute of Management Studies and Research, Nagpur
- CPC Nagpur – City Premier College
- GH Raisoni School of Business Management, Nagpur
- Kamla Nehru Mahavidyalaya, Nagpur
- the Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS).
Each of these colleges has a reputation for nurturing high-quality graduates who begin successful careers in business.
MBA Degree colleges in Ahmedabad
There are many MBA Degree colleges in Ahmedabad, Some of them are mention below:
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Ahmedabad University
- St. kabir institute of professional studies (SKIPS), Ahmedabad
- Institute of management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Shanti business school (SBS), Ahmedabad
- ICFAI business school (IBS), Ahmedabad
- CEPT University, Ahmedabad
- Narayana business school (NBS), Ahmedabad
- Indus University, Ahmedabad
- GLS University, Ahmedabad
- Indian school of business management and administration (ISBM), Ahmedabad
- Ahmedabad management association, Ahmedabad
- B K school of business management, Ahmedabad
- Asia pacific institute of management (APIM), Ahmedabad
- K S school of business management (KSSBM), Ahmedabad
- Rai University (RU), Ahmedabad
Each of these colleges has its own unique strengths and weaknesses, so it is important to do your research to determine which one would be the best fit for you. I hope this information is helpful!
MBA Degree colleges in Indore
There are many MBA Degree colleges in Indore, but here are a few most popular ones:
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore
- Prestige Institute of Management and Research
- RKDF Institute of Management and Technology
- Indore Institute of Management and Research
- MAEER’s MIT School of Business
MBA Degree Career Scope: Jobs-Roles, and Salary
Find below prospective job roles and salaries after completing an MBA course:
Human Resources Manager
Data Analytics Manager
Digital Marketing Manager
Advertising Sales Manager
There are many job roles for MBA Degree holders, including team leads and department managers. A manager’s job profile includes planning, strategizing, executing, leading teams, maintaining client relationships, coordinating with other departments, and delegating work and responsibilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an MBA degree?
An MBA (Master of Business Administration) is a graduate-level degree program that focuses on advanced coursework and research in the areas of business management and administration.
What are the eligibility criteria for an MBA?
The eligibility criteria for admission to different institutions vary, but generally, students need to have a bachelor's degree in any field. In addition, they are required to qualify for an entrance examination such as CAT, GMAT, or other similar exams.
What are the subjects studied in an MBA program?
Subjects typically studied in an MBA program include finance, marketing, accounting, operations management, strategy, and leadership. The specific curriculum may vary between universities and programs.
How long does it take to complete an MBA program?
An MBA program typically takes 2 years to complete, but some institutions offer part-time or executive MBA programs that may take longer to complete.
What are the career opportunities after completing an MBA?
MBA graduates can pursue a wide range of career opportunities in various industries such as management consulting, finance and investment banking, marketing and brand management, operations and supply chain management, entrepreneurship, human resource management, healthcare management, technology management, non-profit and social impact.
What are the specializations offered in MBA?
Specializations offered in MBA programs include finance, marketing, human resources, operations, information technology, real estate, leadership and management, international business, and healthcare management.