B.Tech (Civil Engineering)
Today we are going to tell you about Why Choose BTech Civil Engineering?, BTech Civil Engineering Eligibility, the BTech Civil Engineering Admission Process, and the BTech Civil Engineering Entrance Exams.
A 4-year undergraduate degree in civil engineering focused on building design, planning, and construction is known as BTech. Based on JEE Main and JEE Advanced results, students are eligible for admission to the top BTech civil engineering colleges if they receive 50% (or 40% in the case of reserved categories) in math, physics, and chemistry/biology. Some public universities and colleges hold their own admissions tests. Diploma holders in the same field may be admitted directly to the second year (based on management quota seats). Along with the fundamental Btech civil engineering studies, newer areas, including material sciences, renewable energy, innovative city technologies, and similar, are covered.
Why choose BTech Civil Engineering?
- Transportation engineering, environmental engineering, structural engineering, maintenance, and structural rehabilitation are some of the fields where Btech civil engineering graduates are currently in demand.
- The highest pay package currently available for any civil engineer with significant working experience is INR 50.5 lakhs.
- Btech in Civil Engineering is one of the most basic and straightforward engineering specialties. According to the majority of students, engineering drawing is the only challenging aspect. According to a survey from VIT Vellore, employment chances for BTech civil engineering graduates are predicted to increase by 20% over the next two years.
- Graduates of BTech civil engineering programs at NITs, IITs, and VIT Vellore frequently receive placement offers ranging from INR 15 lakhs to INR 30 lakhs per year.
BTech Civil Engineering Admission Process
The admission process is primarily entrance-based. Good cut-off scores on national entrance tests like the JEE Main, AIEEE, or JEE Advanced can aid in your admission to a prestigious university. Based on merit and management quota seats in some colleges, diploma holders who have historically worked in the same sector may choose to apply for straight admission to the second year of BTech civil engineering.
BTech Civil Engineering Eligibility
It must be emphasized that each institute will have its eligibility requirements. The following list contains the eligibility requirements for candidates seeking a BTech in civil engineering.
- In the 10+2 levels, a qualifying aggregate score of at least 50% is necessary (40% for SC, ST, and OBC).
- You could pursue a BTech in civil engineering if you earned 50% of your possible math, physics, chemistry, and biology points in class 10+2.
- Direct admission is also available to applicants with post-class 10 diplomas in the mechanical or associated sciences.
BTech Civil Engineering Entrance Exams
For entry into engineering programs, a variety of exams are administered yearly. The JEE exam is the most well-known test that thousands of students take. The following are the most popular admission tests for BTech civil engineering.
- JEE Main
- JEE Advanced
Entrance Exam Dates
|JEE Main||April 2022||June to July|
|JEE Advanced||August 2022||August 2022|
|BITSAT||June 2022||July 2022|
|SRMJEEE||June 2022||June 2022|
How to Prepare for BTech Civil Engineering Entrance Examinations?
- Set aside time exclusively for the more challenging subjects. If necessary, ask an instructor or a tutor to assist you in reviewing the material.
- Top performers frequently advise using the NCERT books for 10+2 levels. Before buying additional books, one must be well familiar with the current set of textbooks.
- Develop your skills through practice. The key to success in engineering admission exams is preparation. Try as many sample papers and mock exams as you can.
- Make a schedule for your study time. Be sure to cover every topic in every subject, and follow the schedule. By doing this, the entire curriculum will be covered at least once. Give yourself time each day to study.
- Clarify the essentials. Later chapters will build on the fundamentals to a greater extent. It will be beneficial to have a firm grasp of the fundamentals.
BTech Civil Engineering Syllabus
- Functions of Several Variables
- Physics I
- Physics Lab. 1
- Introduction to Civil Engg.
- Introduction to Programming
- Engg. Drawing
- Life Skills I
- Series and Matrices
- Physics II
- Engg Mechanics
- Chemistry I
- Chemistry Lab.
- CE Materials and Construction
- Life Skills II
- Math. 3
- Mechanics of Materials
- Transportation Engg.
- Hydraulic Engg.
Semester – 4
- Structural Analysis
- Geotechnical Engg. 1
- Transportation Engg. 2
- Environmental Engg.
- Science Electives (Maths/Physics/Chemistry)
- Humanities Elec. 1
- Life Sciences
- Geotechnical Engg. 2
- Water Resources Engg.
- Basic RC Design
- Hydraulic & Environ. Engg. Lab
- Construction Material Lab
- Basic Steel Design
- Construction Project Management
- Humanities Elective 2
Semester – 7
- Humanities Elective 3
Semester – 8
- Professional Ethics
Also Read: B.Tech Biotechnology
BTech Civil Engineering Subjects
The following list includes the main Btech civil engineering courses that are offered by all reputable colleges. The BTech Civil Engineering 2nd Year Syllabus and the BTech Civil Engineering 4th Year Syllabus contain the core Btech Civil Engineering disciplines.
|Fluid Mechanics||Strength of Materials|
|Geotechnical Engineering||Concrete Technology|
|Environmental Engineering||Computer-Aided Design|
|Hydraulics Machinery||Solid Mechanics|
|Irrigation and Hydraulics||Water Resources Engineering|
|Transportation Engineering||Structural Analysis|
Top BTech Civil Engineering Colleges
By far the colleges are divided into two main categories – Government colleges and Private Colleges.
|NIRF Rank NIRF College Rank |
|College Name||City||Average Annual Fees Average Annual Fees|
|1||Indian Institute of Technology||Madras||INR 75,116|
|2||Indian Institute of Technology||Delhi||INR 2,24,900|
|3||Indian Institute of Technology||Bombay||INR 2,11,400|
|4||Indian Institute of Technology||Kanpur||INR 2,15,600|
|5||Indian Institute of Technology||Kharagpur||INR 82,070|
|6||Indian Institute of Technology||Roorkee||INR 2,21,700|
|7||Indian Institute of Technology||Guwahati||INR 2,19,350|
|8||Indian Institute of Technology||Hyderabad||INR 2,22,995|
|9||National Institute of Technology||Tiruchirappalli||INR 1,61,250|
|10||Indian Institute of Technology||Indore||INR 2,33,900|
BTech Civil Engineering Private Colleges
|NIRF Engineering College Rankings||College Name||First-Year Fees (INR)|
|15||Vellore Institute of Technology||1,98,000|
|20||Amrita School of Engineering||3,10,000|
|29||Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology||3,25,000|
|37||Shanmugha Arts Science Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA)||1,47,000|
|38||Birla Institute of Technology||2,87,000|
|41||S. R. M. Institute of Science and Technology||2,60,000|
|42||Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology||4,29,000|
|44||SSN College of Engineering||50,000|
|45||Manipal Institute of Technology||3,35,000|
BTech Civil Engineering Jobs & Salary
Name of Job Profile Average Salary
Civil Engineer INR 3,10,771
Transportation Engineer INR 4,64,516
Water Resource Engineer INR 6,65,000
Structural Engineer INR 4,97,089
Environmental Engineers INR 4,53,044
Civil Engineering Technicians INR 3,00,000
Top Construction Companies India | Civil Engineering companies
Afcons Infrastructure Limited
Address: Afcons House, 16, Veera Desai Road, Azad Nagar, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400053
Address: No-1, Tv Industrial Estate, Behind Glaxo, Worli, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400030
Newton Engineering & Chemicals Ltd
Address: 864/B-4 GIDC Industrial Estate, Makarpura GIDC, Makarpura, Vadodara, Gujarat 390010
Consolidated Construction Consortium Ltd (CCCL)
Address: #5, 2nd Link Street, C.I.T Colony, Mylapore, Chennai – 600004.
Phone: 044-23454500 (100 Lines) / 2466 1083/84, Fax : 044-2499 022
Akme Projects Ltd
Address: A-27, 2nd Floor Mohan Co-operative Industrial Estate Mathura Road New Delhi-110044.
Anant Raj Industries Limited
Address: A.R.A. Centre, E-2, Jhandewalan Extn, New Delhi – 110 055 India
B Seenaiah & Company (Projects) Ltd (BSCPL)
Address: M.No: 8-2-502/1/A, JIVI Towers, Road No.7, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500 034.
BGR Energy Systems Ltd
Address: BGR Energy Systems Limited 443, Anna Salai, Teynampet, Chennai – 600 018
Bridge & Roof Co (India) Limited
Address: 5th Floor, Kankaria Centre 2/1, Russel Street Kolkata – 700071
Coastal Projects Pvt Ltd (CPPL)
Address: Plot No: 304-0, Road No: 78, Film Nagar, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad 500 033
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Civil Engineering?
Civil Engineering is a field of study that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of infrastructure and buildings, such as roads, bridges, airports, tunnels, water supply and sewage systems, and buildings.
What are the career opportunities for Civil Engineers?
Career opportunities for Civil Engineers include working in design and construction, project management, consulting, and research and development. They can also work in areas such as transportation, water resources, structures, and environmental engineering.
What kind of degree do I need to become a Civil Engineer?
A Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or a related field is typically required to become a Civil Engineer. However, advanced degree such as Master's or Ph.D. is required for some positions in research and academia.