BA Business Economics is one of the most familiar course in commerce stream, it is an undergraduate degree course of 3 years duration in applied economics, this course has subjects related to finance, economics, & business analysis. Business Economics is a very important & major part of management field.
Introduction to BA Business Economics
BA Business Economics is a career oriented undergraduate degree course of 3 years duration, this course mainly focuses on Corporate Finance, Economics, & Business that helps to examine the business, business relationships, labour, capital, & product markets.
Syllabus of BA Business Economics includes topics like microeconomics, macroeconomics, financial accounting, international economics, development economics, business environment & economic system.
BA Business Economics Course Overview
Table given below contains a brief overview of the following course:
|Course||BA Business Economics|
|Full Form||Bachelor of Arts in Business Economics|
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Course Type||Degree Programme|
|Course Fees||INR 2,00,000-to-INR 5,00,000|
|Eligibilty||10+2 or equivalent course with a minimum 50% marks|
|Admission Process||Entrance Based | Merit Based|
|Avg. Starting Salary||INR 3.5 Lakhs-to-INR 16 Lakhs|
|Employment Sectors||College & Universities, Banking Sectors, Stock Markets, Insurance Companies, Consultancy Firms, & Business Development Sectors & many more…|
|Top Recruiters||SBI, Tata Motors, Wipro, ASTEC, Amul, Asian Paints, Reliance Energy, Reliance Telecom, & many more…|
|Job Profiles||Banker, Consultant, Auditor, Teacher or Professor, Business Analysts, Business Manager, Financial Analyst, Business Development Executive, & many more…|
BA Business Economics – Highlights
- BA Business Economics mainly focuses on business enterprises & business relationships.
- The student have studied human resource development or financial markets.
- With Business Economics students can gain theoretical economics understanding & quantitative methods that can be used to examine business organisation.
- It also focuses on various economic issues related to a business & its management.
- Demand of trained economist is all time high in Indian market due to good knowledge of capital budgeting & management.
- The skillset of BA Business Economics graduate are of an analyst, stastycian, economist, financial broker, & data analyst.
- A business economics graduate can handle internal & external or operational & environmental related financial issues of the firm.
Eligibility Criteria – BA Business Economics
The aspirants of BA Business Economics should meet the following criterias to be eligible for admission & the criterias are:
- The students who had to pursue BA Business Economics must have 10+2 or equivalent from a recognised school or institute.
- Students should have a minimum score of 50% or above.
- Students who have studied mathematics, economics, accountancy or business studies before may given preference first.
Required Skill Set
|Good communication skills||Good mathematics for accounting|
|Logical thinking||Hard working|
|Self motivation||Keenly curious|
Syllabus – BA Business Economics
Semester wise syllabus of BA Business Economics – Topics you’re going to study:
|Semester – 1||Semester – 2|
|Managerial Economics||Economics – Firm Strategy|
|Economics – Money & Banking||Economics – Money & Banking|
|Economics – Firm Strategy||Financial Accounting – Basic|
|Semester – 3||Semester – 4|
|Enterpreneurial Development I||Enterpreneurial Development II|
|Marketing I||Marketing II|
|Statistics for Business Analysis I||Statistics for Business Analysis II|
|Semester – 5||Semester – 6|
|Indian economy & economic reforms||Financial markets|
|Human Resource Development I||Human Resource Development II|
|International economics I||International economics II|
|Macroeconomics I||Macroeconomics II|
|Fiscal economics I||Fiscal economics II|
Top Colleges, Entrance Exam, & Admission
|Name of the colleges||Annual Fees|
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi||INR 16,390/-|
|Maharaja Agrasen College, New Delhi||INR 16,000/-|
|Miranda House, Delhi||INR 12,160/-|
|Loyola College, Chennai||INR 4,614/-|
|Christ University, Bangalore||INR 56,667/-|
|Presidency University, Kolkata||INR 1,245/-|
|Madras Christian College, Chennai||INR 18,719/-|
|Hindu College, Delhi||INR 14,333/-|
|HansRaj College, Delhi||INR 14,333/-|
|Women’s Christian College (WCC), Chennai||INR 71,884/-|
|Delhi University(DU)||INR 2,10,000/-|
|St. Mira’s College for Girls, Pune||INR 1,400/-|
|Lady Brabourne College, Kolkata||INR 3,509/-|
Entrance Examinations –
Some of the top entrance exams for BA Business Economics in India are:
- DUJAT (Delhi University Joint Admission Test)
- Loyola College Entrance Examination
- Fergusson College Entrance Exam
- Presidency College Entrance Exam
- Madras Christian College Entrance Exam
The above entrance examinations are at university level for BA Business Economics.
How To Prepare for Entrance Exams?
Below are some tips that will help you to prepare for your entrance examinations for BA Business Economics:
- The syllabus of entrance examinations may vary according to the universities, so the aspirants may visit the university’s official website & gather the information about syllabus & examination type.
- Aspirants may solve last year’s question papers & mock test which are available online for a better practice.
- Check that negative marking will be applied or not & if yes then leave the questions whose answers you don’t know.
Admission Process –
- Students should register first from the official website of university. It may require creating an unique account with personal info.
- After the registration fill in the application form & fill all the details carefully as mentioned in the application form.
- Upload all the compulsory documents for which university is asking.
- Finally submit the application & fill the application fees.
- If the university doesn’t have any entrance exam then it will directly release a merit list & if it has an entrance exam the admit card will be issued.
- After getting admit card you’d to prepare for the examination.
- Candidates who performs well in entrance exams make it ot the merit list
- University conducts a counselling process on the basis of merit list, & then finally students get an admission into the university.
Career Scopes – Job Roles & Salary
After completing BA Business Economics there are a large number of career options that candidates can choose, lets look at some employment areas, job roles, & salary packages of a BA Business Economics qualified:
Employment Areas –
After completing BA Business Economics in India a person can find a job in many different employment sectors & some of them are:
- University & Colleges
- Baking Sector
- Corporate Services
- Stock Market
- Insurance Company
- Consultancy Firms
- Business Development Sectors
- Trade Centres
- Government Sectors
- Finance Sectors & many more….
In simple words business economics is required in every field & sector, and even in administration an economist is hired for making important policies related to business economy.
Lets look at some popular job roles after the course:
- Business Analyst
- Business Economics Associate
- Business Development Executive
- Economics Business Analyst
- Economics Business Manager
- Business Planning & Financial Analyst
- Financial Broker
- Market Research Analyst
- Investment Analyst
- Content Editor
- Teacher & Professor, and many more…
Business Economics gives the students a complete knowledge related to finance, economics, & business, so a business economics graduate can definitely find a job in the management or finance sector.
Salary Packages after BA Business Economics –
A BA Business Economics graduate in India can earn upto average starting package of around INR 3,00,000 to INR 4,00,000 per annum.
Below is brief salary chart with job profiles in India, have a look:
|Job Profiles||Average Annual Salary|
|Content Editor||INR 4,00,000/-|
|Business Analyst||INR 6,00,000/-|
|Economics Business Analyst||INR 15,00,000/-|
These were some job roles & salary packages of BA Business Economics in India & if someone can manage to find a job abroad then salary can go upto $70,000 per annum i.e. INR 53,00,000 per annum.
Top Companies & Recruiters
BA Business Economics is a vast field & every business needs a business economics specialist lets look at some of the top recruitment companies for BA Business Economics graduate in India:
- SBI (State Bank of India)
- Tata Motors
- Asian Paints
- Reliance Energy
- Reliance Telecom
- ICICI Bank
- IDBI Ltd.
- Kotak Mahindra
- HCL Infosystems Ltd.
- Aviva Life Insurance
- National Informatics Centre (NIC) & many more…
These were some of top recruiting companies for BA Business Economics in India, other than above companies someone can also get a job abroad if the candidate manages to find it.
Why Pursue BA Business Economics?
BA Business Economics can be a very good choice for the students looking for undergraduate degree programme, business economics can help students build their knowledge in the field of business, economics, & finance.
Choosing this field can provide a bright future to the aspirants, & the graduated candidates can have many employment options across the globe, business economics is an all time radiant field in today’s era & in future.