What is Distance Education
In today’s time, the trend towards distance education is increasing rapidly. This field is becoming the first choice of the students, there can be many reasons behind this, the first reason is that the students do not get the course of their choice in the nearest school and through distance education you can do the courses of your choice from many universities. And for this you do not even have to face difficult exams like entrance exams so that saves both your time and money.
In many cases it has been seen that children prepare for entrance examinations to get admission in colleges and universities and there have also been cases of wasting their year due to not getting success in those entrance examinations. On the other hand distance education has proved to be a boon for those students who prepare for competitive exams of government jobs as they have to go to coaching centers instead of going to college while preparing for exams. In this, he also keeps on preparing for his competitive examinations and along with his graduation studies also continue through distance education.
This does not affect their education and students who are facing financial problems have to do jobs after 12th. Distance education is also a very good option for those students so that they can continue their studies along with their job. Students who are not physically fit and have problem in going to college or university, they can study at home through distance education, it is a good option for them.
What is Distance Education:
distance education it means that such education which can be learned from a distance, in distance education you do not need to go to an educational institution such as a college or university, but you can do your education by staying at home. can accept. Under this education system, educational material is provided to you by the university. Online classes are also organized from time to time and through online classes, students are also given guidelines on how to do their studies.
Objective of Distance Education:
There are many qualified students in India who are willing to study and they face many types of problems due to which they are not able to go to regular college or university, then these same students are provided the facility to take education through distance education, So that they can make their dreams come true, through distance education, workers, housewives, job professionals etc. are given the opportunity to get education.
Special contribution to distance education:
Professor G Rama Reddy is considered the architect of distance education and G Rama Reddy is considered the father of distance education. He was the Vice Chancellor of Indira Gandhi National Open University from 1985 to 1990 and G Rama Reddy is also the first Vice Chancellor of Indira Gandhi National Open University. He was the first Vice Chancellor of Andhra Pradesh Open University from 1982 to 1985. Former education minister of India Dr KA Shrimali has also contributed a lot in distance education, former education minister understood the need of distance education and formed many teams to work in the field. So that it helps to promote distance education everywhere in India.
Regarding recognition of distance education:
Distance Education is fully recognized by the University Grant Commission (UGC), after completing the degree from Distance Education, students can apply for any government or private job. The recognition of a course pursued through distance education cannot be taken away from the degree course pursued in any other way.
Features of Distance Education:
- Through distance education, you do not need to go to any educational institution to study, you can do your studies at your home.
- Online classes can be organized at home with the use of internet.
- Students can make their own time table to study according to their requirement.
- Instead of studying in a college or university, distance education provides much cheaper education.
- The centers of examinations to be held after six months or one year are made near the students.
- The process of enrolling in distance education is quite simple so that you can enroll online.
- In most of the universities there is no limit on the number of students so that all the students can take admission without any entrance exams.
- There is no age limit for taking admission in distance education from which a person of any age can study.
- Along with the normal course through distance education, you can also do many types of vocational courses, whose fees are very low, which any person can enroll in these courses.
- Distance education has proved to be a boon for the salaried persons as the employed persons wanted to pursue their further studies, whom distance education has given this facility.
Institutions Providing Distance Education Facility:
Indira Gandhi National Open University : It is the largest university in India providing distance education facility, it was established in 1985 and lakhs of students are taking education from this university through distance education and Indira Gandhi National Open University. The Open University also has 67 regional centers.
Provide facilities to the students. This university is one of the most prestigious universities in India. Hundreds of courses are conducted by this university through distance education, in which you can enroll both online and offline.
Panjab University Chandigarh: This university, built on about 550 acres, is located in Chandigarh. This university is recognized by UGC NAAC AIU and many courses are offered by this university through distance education for which you can also take admission online.
University of Delhi: This university first provided the facility of distance education and today it is providing education to lakhs of students through distance education. You can apply online to get education from this university.
Also Read : List of All Private Universities in India – UGC Approved
Top Distance universities in India:
- Jain University, Banglore
- Chaudhary Devi Lal University, Sirsa
- Guru Jambheshwar University, Hisar
- Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- Maha Rishi Dayanand University, Rohtak Manav Rachna International University, Faridabad
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Lovely Professional University,
- Phagwara Punjab Technical University,
- Jalandhar Punjabi University Patiala,
- Thapar University, Patiala
- Courses offered by Distance Education:
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Arts (Economics / History / Political Science / Psychology Hons)
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Computer Application
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- Diploma in Dehri Technology
- Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education
- Diploma in Water Shed Management
- Diploma in Para Legal Practice
- Diploma in Elementary Education
- Diploma in Tourism Studies