GATE Exam (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)
GATE 2023 Exam
(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)
GATE 2023 Exam
GATE 2023 Official website
Jointly by IISc Bangalore and Seven IITs
Purpose of Examination
Qualifying Examination for M.E./ M.Tech/ Ph.D admissions and PSU Recruitment
Frequency of Examination
Validity of GATE Score/Grade
Number of GATE Papers
180 Minutes (3 Hours)
Mode of Examination
About GATE 2023 Exam
The GATE 2023 Exam is an all-India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and technology. It is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven IITs ( Indian Institutes of Technology) on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development.
GATE Exam (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is an examination conducted to test the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering. The main aim of GATE Exam (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is to provide admission to postgraduate programs (e.g., M.E., M.Tech, direct Ph.D.) in Indian institutes of higher education with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other government agencies.
GATE score is also used by some public and private sector companies in India for recruiting engineers at entry-level positions.
The GATE 2023 exam are conducted in eight zones across the country. The zones are below mentioned are:
Zone 3: IISc Bangalore
Zone 6: IIT Patna
Zone 7: NIT Tiruchirappalli
Zone 8: NIT Rourkela
After the results are announced, the GATE score is valid for three years.
The GATE 2023 Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Aspirant must have completed, or be in the final year of, an undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (4 years after 10+2) or you must have completed, or be in the final year of, a Post-Bachelor’s degree in Science (M.Sc./MS/M.Phil.) or you must be in the final year of a two-year Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (after a 4-year Bachelor’s degree).
- Aspirants must have a minimum of 60% marks (or an equivalent CGPA) in their qualifying degree.
- A relaxation of 5% marks (or an equivalent CGPA) is allowed for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- If you are in the final year of your qualifying degree and are not able to meet the above criteria, you may still apply, provided you will be able to do so before you begin your first semester of post-graduate studies.
GATE 2023 Exam Important Dates & Latest News.
Here are the latest updates on GATE 2023 Exam notified by the officials:
- The GATE exam 2023 Online Application process began Tuesday, 30th August 2022
- The GATE exam 2023 Closing Date of online registration/ application process (Without Late Fee) Friday, 07th October.
- The GATE exam 2023 Closing Date of online registration/ application process (With Late Fee) Friday 16th October 2022
- On November 28, 2022, the GATE exam schedule was published.
- The modification window on the GATE 2023 application opened on Tuesday to Monday, 8th to 14th November 2022.
- The GATE 2023 Admit Card will be Available for download by Tuesday, 03rd January 2023.
- ATGE 2023 Examinations will be commencing on Saturday & Sunday 04th, 05 th and 11th, 12th February 2023
- The Answer keys will be released on Application portal Tuesday, 21st February 2023
- Challenges Submission on Answer Keys by candidates will start on Wednesday to Saturday, 22nd to 25th February 2023
- Result will be Announced for GATE 2022, Thursday 16th March 2023
- Score Card for download will be Available on Tuesday 21st March 2023
GATE syllabus 2023
The GATE exam tests your understanding of a range of undergraduate subjects in engineering, technology, and architecture. The exam is divided into two sections: General Aptitude (GA) and Subject-specific papers. The GA section tests your verbal, numerical, and analytical skills, while the Subject-specific papers test your understanding of specific subjects. The GATE syllabus 2023 for each subject can be found on the GATE website.
GATE Preparation Tips
GATE Preparation tips can seem challenging, but you don’t have to be worried! Here you will be given a few tips to get started.
- Start by familiarizing yourself with the exam format and the types of questions that will be asked. This will help you understand what to expect on exam day and give you a better sense of how to approach the material.
- Make a study plan and stick to it. Set up a specific period of time each day or each week for studying, and make sure you adhere to it.
- Use practice exams to your advantage. Taking practice exams can help you identify areas where you need to focus your studies, and it can also give you a better sense of how the actual exam will be structured.
- To stay focused and fresh while studying, take breaks. Studying for a long period of time can be exhausting, so make sure to take breaks and give yourself time to relax.
- In need don’t hesitate to Get help from experts and seniors.they are always ready to help you prepare for the GATE exam.
GATE 2023 Exam Pattern
The GATE 2023 Examination will be conducted as an Online Computer Based Test (CBT) for all the papers. The examination duration will be 3 hours. There will be a total of 65 questions in the examination (General Aptitude: 10 Questions,Core Subjects: 55 Questions). The question paper will consist of Multiple-choice questions (MCQs), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions. All of the questions will receive one or two marks under the marking scheme.
There will be negative markings for Two types of MCQs:
MCQs: Each correct answer gets 1 mark, whereas each incorrect answer loses ⅓ mark.
MCQs: Each correct answer gets 2 marks, while each incorrect answer loses ⅔ mark. For the MSQ and NAT, there are no failing grades.
Mark distribution for all papers, except AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH, and XL. Total: 100 Marks: General Aptitude (15 Marks), Engineering Mathematics (13 Marks), and Subject Questions (72 Marks).
Also Read – JEE Exam 2023
GATE 2023 Admit Card
On January 3, 2023, one day before the test, a link to download the GATE admission card will be available. Any inaccuracies in the candidates’ personal information listed on the admit card will be corrected prior to the issuance of the admit card. The applicants will receive their GATE 2023 admission cards from the GATE’s organizing institution, IIT Kanpur. To download your GATE admission card requires a GOAPS Enrollment ID and password. At the exam site, make sure you have your admit card with you. without the admit card you will be allowed to enter into the exam hall.
Steps to Download GATE 2023 Admit Card
- Visit to the official website (gate.iitk.ac.in) GATE 2023
- Enter the login credential like enrollment number and password.
- Login by Click on GATE
- Open the GATE admit card download link.
- Your Admit cards will be downloaded in pdf format.
- First of all Save the admit card and take a printout to be carried while appearing for the exam.
GATE 2023 Exam Centers
The GATE 2023 examination will be conducted in multiple cities across India. The list of exam centers will be released by the official authorities shortly. Keep Visiting the official website (gate.iitk.ac.in) for updates on the same.
Documents Required for GATE
There are a few documents required in order to apply for the GATE exam. These include a valid passport, a completed application form, transcripts from your undergraduate institution, and a passport-sized photograph. Additionally, you will need to pay the application fee and submit any required test scores. You also need to submit any necessary test results and the application cost. Please visit the GATE website for further details.
For the GATE 2023 login process to be available, candidates have to register themselves. Logging into the official website allows you to complete the full GATE application form and make any necessary corrections.
Required Documents (Indian Candidates)
The list of documents and data needed to complete the GATE exam 2023 application is as follows:
- Valid Aadhar identity card, passport for Your name, your birthdate, and the names of your parents.
- Your active mobile number, and your parent’s contact number.
- Residential Address proof for Communication with an area PIN code.
- Certificate of Completion of Coursework for Engineering Degree, Provisional Certificate 8th Semester Mark Sheet, 7th Semester Mark Sheet, 6th Semester Mark Sheet, Preliminary or Final Year Mark Sheet, if pursuing an integrated degree, AMIE and one section completed, and Provisional Certificate Letter
- Degree scanned in pdf format and under 10-300 kb in size (upload only one page of anyone document)
- For a Science Degree, the following documents are required: a letter of provisional certificate, a course completion certificate, a fourth-semester mark sheet, a third-semester mark sheet, a second-semester mark sheet, a first-year mark sheet, or a pre-final year mark sheet in the case of an integrated degree.
- Thumb impression scan in jpeg/jpg format, 2–150 kb in size.
- 5-200 kb-sized, jpeg-formatted scan of your photo
- Your signature has been scanned and is 5 to 150 kb in size in jpeg or jpg.
- Scan of Category/PwD Certificate in PDF format, 10-300 kb in size (if applicable) ID Proof: Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Driver’s License, College ID, and Employee ID Card
- Information about the bank where you can pay the application fees
How much does the GATE exam charge?
|Category||On or Before the Last Date(7 October 2022)||During the Extended Period(8 October 2022- 16 October 2022)|
|For Examination Centres in India|
|Female candidates||₹ 850||₹ 1350|
|SC/ST/PwD* category candidates||₹ 850||₹ 1350|
|All other candidates||₹ 1700||₹ 2200|
|For Examination Centres outside India (All Candidates)|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu||US$ 100||US$ 150|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$ 200||US$ 250|