CA Exam 2023
About CA EXAM 2023
The Chartered Accountant (CA) is a professional certification for accountants in India. The exam is administered by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), which is the national professional accounting body in the country.
To become a CA, candidates will have to qualify for a series of exams along with practical training. The exam process is divided into three levels:
- CA Foundation course examination.
- CA Intermediate examination.
- CA Final examination.
ICAI Exam Highlights
Detailed Highlights of the ICAI CA Exam 2023 and courses are shown below:
|Name of Exam||ICAI CA Exam|
|Conducting Authority||Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Frequency of Exam||Two times in a year|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration of Exam||Two hours|
|Language of Exam||English Language|
|Purpose of Exam||Training and certifying Chartered Accountants in India|
|Course Offered||Chartered Accountancy|
|Examination Cities||192 cities in India and 8 cities abroad|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||1800 419 2929|
Also Read:- UGC NET Exam 2023
1. CA Foundation course examination is an entry-level test that has four papers.
- Principles and Practices of Accounting,
- Business Laws & Business Correspondence and Reporting,
- Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning & Statistics, and
- Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge.
After passing the CA Foundation course examination, candidates are able to appear for the next examination.
2. CA Intermediate Examination
which is divided into two groups.
- Group-I. covers subjects such as accounting, Corporate and other Laws, Cost and Management Accounting, and Taxation.
- Group II. covers Advanced Accounting, Auditing and Assurance, Enterprise Information Systems & Strategic Management, and Financial Management and Economics for Finance.
After the CA Intermediate examination, the Final step is
3. CA Final Examination
The Final Examination contains two groups as well. Both groups are tough and it has advanced financial management, strategic financial management, International taxation, Advance Auditing, Corporate and Allied laws, and more.
Along with the final exam candidates are required to pursue a certain amount of practical training before they can be certified as a CA. The practical training contains a period of articleship, in which the duration of training candidates would be practicing in a government department or a private organization.
The CA certification is highly in demand and is acknowledged worldwide. Chartered Accountants are well-skilled in accounting, auditing, tax laws and regulations, and financial management, and their vital role is important in financial management, statutory compliance, and providing assurance to stakeholders. Those who have passed the CA exam have a variety of industries and organizations for placement.
CA EXAM 2023 Important Dates
The important dates of the CA Exam 2023 schedule for Foundation, Intermediate and Final Courses will be announced at the ICAI website.
|ICAI CA EXAM 2023||ICAI CA EXAM 2023 Dates|
|Registrations starts for CA EXAM 2023 Foundation, Intermediate, and Final exam||03-Feb-2023 to 24-Feb-2023|
|Last date to submit CA EXAM 2023 form with late fee (600/- or US $10)||03-Mar-2023|
|Form correction window opens||04-Mar-2023 to 10-Mar-2023|
|Exam dates of CA Intermediate (Group I)||03-May-2023,|
|Exam dates of CA Intermediate (Group II)||12-May-2023|
|Exam dates of CA Final (Group I)||02-May-2023|
|exam dates of CA Final (Group II)||11-May-2023|
|Exam dates of CA Foundation||24-June-2023|
|Assessment Test (INTT – AT) of International Taxation.||11-May-2023|
Also Read:- CAT Exam
CA EXAM 2023 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to take the Chartered Accountancy CA Exam 2023 in India, candidates must meet certain educational and age requirements set by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
CA Foundation Eligibility Criteria
- The student should have passed 10+2 or equivalent level from Central or State Board of Education before the CA Exam 2023,
CA Intermediate Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have passed the Foundation examination or equivalent examination
- Candidates who have registered for previous Intermediate exam as per syllabus under paragraph 2 or 2A of Schedule B or Professional Education (Course-II)
- Professional Competence Course and converted into Intermediate (IPC) Course/ Accounting Technician Course (ATC)
- Candidates who have completed graduation or post-graduation in any stream from a recognized institute of India
In addition to the educational requirements, there is an age limit to appear for the CA Exam 2023. Candidates who wish to take the CA Exam 2023 Foundation Level must have completed 17 years of age on the first day of June or December in which he/she is appearing for the Foundation Level exam. There is no upper age limit to pursue a CA course.
For Intermediate Level candidates, who has completed the in Group-I or Group II or both groups are not required to obey the age criteria.
Candidates who fulfill these eligibility criteria are able to register for the CA Exam 2023 and can start preparing for the test. Do check the ICAI official website for the most recent information on eligibility criteria.
CA EXAM 2023 Application Process
- The first step in the CA Exam 2023 is the application process to register for the exam.
- After registering, candidates need to fill out an application form for the CA Exam 2023.
- To Fill out an application form visit the online ICAI website or by visiting a local ICAI office
- Candidates are required to provide personal information for CA Exam 2023 including their name, date of birth, and contact details.
- Submit the necessary documents.
- Provide required information about educational qualifications, a recent passport-size photograph, and a copy of your PAN card.
- Select exam center preferences for CA Exam 2023, and the group of the exam you wish to appear for.
- Once the application form is done, candidates are requested to pay the exam fee.
- The fee depends on the group of the exam and the number of attempts.
- The fee can be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or net banking.
CA EXAM 2023 Syllabus
The Chartered Accountancy (CA) exam in India is divided into three levels:
|Level 1||CA Foundation course examination (four papers)|
|Level 2||CA Intermediate examination (eight papers )|
|Level 3||CA Final examination (eight papers )|
- Each level of the CA exam has a specific syllabus that covers a range of subjects related to accounting, finance, and law.
- CA Foundation course examination is an entry-level exam, covering basic concepts of accounting, mercantile laws, and general economics.
- CA Intermediate examination (eight papers based on New Syllabus and Old Syllabus) is the next level of the exam, and it is divided into two groups, Group I, and Group II.
- Group I covers subjects such as accounting, laws, ethics, and Direct Taxation.
- Group II covers cost accounting, financial management, indirect taxation, and advanced accounting.
- CA Final examination (there are eight papers based on New Syllabus and Old Syllabus) and is split into two groups, Group I, and Group II.
- Group I: Topics would be covered Financial Reporting, Advanced Auditing,Strategic Financial Management, and Professional Ethics
- Group II: Corporate and Economic Laws, Advanced Management Accounting, Information System Control, and Audit, Direct Tax Laws, and International Taxation
Also Read:- JEE Main
CA EXAM 2023 Syllabus: Foundation Level
Subjects and topics are shown below cover four papers of the CA Foundation course:
|CA Foundation Paper||CA Foundation Topics|
|Paper 1||Principles and Practice of Accounting|
|Paper 2||Business Laws & Business Correspondence and Reporting||Section A: Business Laws|
Section B: Business Correspondence and Reporting
|Paper 3||Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning & Statistics||Part 1: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning|
Part 2: Statistics
|Paper 4||Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge||Part 1: Business Economics|
Part 2: Business and Commercial Knowledge
CA EXAM 2023 Syllabus: Intermediate Level
Intermediate Level is divided into two groups, Group I, and Group II. Detailed information is shown below:
|CA Intermediate Groups||CA Intermediate Paper Name|
|Group I||Paper 1: Accounting|
|Paper 2: Corporate and other Laws||Part 1: Company Law|
|Part 2: Other Laws|
|Paper 3: Cost and Management Accounting|
|Paper 4: Taxation||Section A: Income Tax Law|
|Section B: Indirect Taxes|
|Group II||Paper 5: Advanced Accounting||–|
|Paper 6: Auditing and Assurance||–|
|Paper 7: Enterprise Information Systems & Strategic Management||Section A: Enterprise Information Systems|
|Section B: Strategic Management|
|Paper 8: Financial Management and Economics for Finance||Section A: Financial Management|
|Section B: Economics for Finance|
CA EXAM 2023 Syllabus: final Level
The final exam is the last level of the CA exam, and it is divided into two groups: Group I and Group II. Both groups are considered as challenging and cover a wide range of advanced topics in accounting, finance, and law.
|CA Final Groups||CA Final Paper Name|
|Group I||Paper 1: Financial Reporting||–|
|Paper 2: Strategic Financial Management||–|
|Paper 3: Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics||–|
|Paper 4: Corporate and Economic Laws||Part I: Corporate Laws|
|Part II: Economic Laws|
|Group II||Paper 5: Strategic Cost Management and Performance Evaluation||–|
|Paper 6: Elective Paper||List of Elective Papers:|
|6A Risk Management|
|6B Financial Services and Capital Markets|
|6C International Taxation|
|6D Economic Laws|
|6E Global Financial Reporting Standards|
|6F Multi-disciplinary Case Study|
|Paper 7: Direct Tax Laws & International Taxation||Part 1: Direct Tax Laws|
|Part 2: International Taxation|
|Paper 8: Indirect Tax Laws||Part 1: Goods and Services Tax|
|Part 2: Customs and FTP|
CA EXAM 2023 Preparation Tips
The CA Exam 2023 in India can be challenging, as the exam covers a wide range of subjects related to accounting, finance, and law. However, with the right approach and strategies, it is possible to pass the CA Exam 2023 successfully. Check some tips to help you prepare for the CA Exam 2023:
|Understand the syllabus||Create a study plan|
|Use study materials||Practice, Practice, and Practice|
|Time management||Join a study group|
|Take mock tests||Self-discipline|
- Understand the syllabus: The first step toward preparing for the CA Exam 2023 is to understand the syllabus for each level of the exam. Make sure that every topic and questions should be studied before the exam.
- Create a study plan: Creating a study plan is always shot in the arm, schedule your day and topics to study.and Identify the areas where you need to focus as higher priority and make short term and long term goals for every topic as well.
- Use study materials: Download study materials and practice manuals from ICAI portal for the CA Exam 2023, These materials will help you to prepare for the exam.
- Practice, Practice, and Practice: As we all know Practice is key to crack CA exam 2023. Everyday solve as many questions and problems as you can to understand the concept better.
- Time management: The CA exam is also known for its time pressure, as the syllabus is wide and time is limited to complete the paper. So, time management is crucial to pass the CA exam 2023. Keep using your time wisely during the CA exam 2023 and practice time management skills during your preparation time.
- Join a study group: Study groups are always helpful. It is recommended to join those groups because it helps us to be motivated and get solutions quickly. Moreover, you get a chance to help your group members in the areas where you are strong.
- Take mock tests: Everyday Take as many mock tests as possible to master exam pattern and question types. These mock tests will improve your time management skills and identify the areas where you need to focus more.
- Self-discipline: CA is a self-study course and it requires patience and self-discipline towards completing the course. So, Self-discipline plays a vital role in your preparation.
- Be positive: It is a very important aspect of the CA Exam to Be positive Because this Exam has a long process and for every candidate it can be a long journey to achieve don’t get discouraged if you don’t pass the exam on your first attempt. The CA exam is an extremely challenging one, but with persistence and hard work, you will be able to pass it.
CA EXAM 2023 Marking Scheme
- The marking scheme for the CA exam typically includes three steps Exam
- Objective-type Test:- It includes multiple-choice questions (MCQs), fill-in-the-blanks, and true or false questions.
- Descriptive Test:- It includes short-answer questions and essay-type questions.
- The CA exam also includes marks for Practical Training:- Candidates are required to complete a certain amount of practical training, including a period of articleship before they can be certified as a CA.
Each question paper is divided into two sections, with different weightage for each section, and a candidate needs to score certain minimum marks in each section to pass that particular paper.
In addition to the written exam, the marking scheme for the CA exam also includes marks for practical training. Candidates are required to complete a certain amount of practical training, including a period of articleship before they can be certified as a CA. The marks for practical training are based on the candidate’s performance during the training period, including their attendance, conduct, and completion of various tasks and assignments.
CA EXAM 2023 Fees
The CA exam 2023 fee can be paid after completing registration by using a VISA or MASTER or MAESTRO Credit / Debit Card / Rupay Card / Net Banking / Bhim UPI.
Foundation Course Examination
|For Indian Centre(s)||INR 1,500|
|For Overseas Centre(s) – Excluding Kathmandu Centre||USD 325|
|For Kathmandu (Nepal) Centre||INR 2,200|
Intermediate Course Examination
|For Indian Centre(s)|
|For one Group / Unit 4A to 10 (except Unit 8A & 9A)||INR 1,500|
|For Both Groups / Unit 8A / Unit 9A||INR 2,700|
|For Overseas Centre(s) – Excluding Kathmandu Centre|
|For one Group / Unit 4A to 10 (except Unit 8A & 9A)||USD 325|
|For Both Groups / Unit 8A / Unit 9A||USD 500|
|For Kathmandu Centre|
|For one Group / Unit 4A to 10 (except Unit 8A & 9A)||INR 2,200|
|For Both Groups / Unit 8A / Unit 9A||INR 3,400|
Final Course Examination
|For Indian Centre(s)|
|Fro one Group||INR 1,800|
|For Both Groups||INR 3,300|
|For Overseas Centre(s) – Excluding Kathmandu Centre|
|For one Group||USD 325|
|For Both Groups||USD 550|
|For Kathmandu Centre|
|For one Group||INR 2,200|
|For Both Groups||INR 4,000|
CA Exam 2023 Pattern
The Chartered Accountancy (CA) exam in India is divided into three levels:
- CA Foundation course examination (four papers)
- CA Intermediate examination(eight papers)
- CA Final examination (eight papers)
Each level of the exam follows a specific pattern which includes the number of papers, the duration of the exam, and the types of questions.
CA Foundation course examination is the entry-level exam, and it is conducted twice a year in the months of June and December. The Foundation course exam is an objective type test consisting of multiple choice questions (MCQs) and there are 200 questions in total. The duration of the exam is 4 hours, with 2 sections of equal duration (2 hours each).
CA Intermediate examination is the next level of the exam, and it is conducted twice a year in the months of May and November. The CA Intermediate examination exam is divided into two groups, and candidates can take either one or both groups. Both groups have 8 papers each and it is a subjective type examination. The duration of each paper is 3 hours and 2 hours for group 2 and group 1 respectively.
The final exam is the last level of the CA exam, and it is conducted twice a year in the months of May and November. The final exam is divided into two groups, and candidates must take and pass both groups. Both groups have 8 papers each, and it is also a subjective type examination. The duration of each paper is 3 hours.
CA 2023 Result
- The results for the Chartered Accountancy (CA) exam in India are released by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) on their official website after the completion of the exam. The result usually contains the name, registration number, and marks obtained by the candidate in the exam.
- To check the result, candidates need to log in to the ICAI website using their login credentials and follow the instructions to view their results. Candidates can also check their results by SMS or by using the link provided on the official website.
- Moreover, if a candidate disagrees with the marks acquired, ICAI also opens windows to apply for revaluation/verification of marks.
1.Is an email address and Mobile Number required for filling in an on-line application?
Yes, While filling form email address and Mobile Number required is required for receiving email updates/alerts relating to the exams from the Exam Department of ICAI. so don’t give inactive email addresses.
2.Am I able to complete the online form if I leave it incomplete in starting?
Yes, you are able to continue, until you make successful payment, after payment you cannot edit.
3.If I get wrong details on my admit card.
If you encounter such error immediately Contact to Helpline numbers given on official website and discuss your error regarding registration number, bar code number of your examination form, center opted.
(with zone, if applicable) and phone number etc.