B.Com in Banking & Insurance
After completing the 12th grade in the commerce stream, you will have numerous academic and career options. Crores of Indian students aspire to work in banking. As a fast-growing sector with an ever-increasing requirement for staff, banking attracts students from various professional specializations, especially commerce. Read this blog completely to know in detail how to do a banking course after the 12th.
The industry of banking and finance is one of the most important parts of the Indian economy. Many people want to work in the bank, but due to a lack of proper guidance, they are not able to work hard in the right direction. Banking courses are the best way to get a job in a bank. This course will provide you with an in-depth knowledge of banking, finance, banking management, taxation, home loans, and risk management. Let us tell you that in a banking course, a student can additionally understand the functions of the Federal Reserve.
B Com in Banking & Insurance Required Skills
To become a good banker, one must have the following skills.
- Analytical skills
- Accounting skills
- Commercial Awareness
- Problem solving skills
- Technical skills
- Financial reporting
- Data management
- Business intelligence
- Financial modeling
- Communication skills
Banking Course after 12th: Bachelor Degree Course
Since finance and banking are related to a specialised field of work, most of the banking courses offered both in Indian colleges and abroad are postgraduate degree courses. Following the 12th grade, students who want to pursue a bachelor’s degree in banking have several options:
- BCom Finance
- BA in Banking and Finance
- BA in International Banking and Finance
- BBA Hons. In Finance and Banking
- B.Com in Banking and Finance
- Bachelor of Business & Bachelor of Finance & Banking
- BBA in Banking
- BCom in Banking Management
- BCom in Banking & Insurance
- BCom (Hons.) in Banking & Insurance
- BSc in Banking and Finance
- MBA in Banking & Taxation
- MBA in Banking and Finance
- BCom in Bank Management
- BCom in Banking & Insurance Management
- BCom in Finance, Banking & Risk Management
- MSc in Banking and Finance
- Ph.D. in Banking & Finance
- Master in Banking/Finance/Insurance
These are specialised undergraduate degree courses of 3 years’ duration that provide students with the opportunity to choose specialised master’s degrees in the field of banking and finance. Apart from this, students graduating in finance and banking courses after 12th grade are provided with the necessary skills to prepare for various banking exams like IBPS, SBI, and RBI exams, etc.
Banking Course after 12th - Diploma Course
The aim of the diploma course is to provide practical, skill-based knowledge to the students. Diploma programmes in banking are generally designed for both 12th-grade students as well as graduates. Diplomas for undergraduate students range from one to two years, depending on the institute offering the course. Here are some undergraduate diploma courses that you can avail of to pursue banking courses after 12th grade.
- Diploma in Actuarial Science
- Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Diploma in Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Diploma in Banking Laws
- Diploma in Home Loan Advising
- Risk Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Advanced Diploma Course in Banking Services
- Diploma in Banking and Insurance
- Diploma in Banking and Insurance Management
- Advanced Diploma Urban Co-operative Banking
- Diploma in Banking Management
- Diploma in Banking Services
- Post Graduate Diploma in Bank Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Banking
- Post Graduate Diploma in (Banking & Financial Management)
Short Term Banking Course
You can see the list of short-term banking courses below
- PG Certificate in Banking
- PG Certificate in Banking and Finance
- Certificate in Bank Analysis
- Advanced Certificate in Commercial l Banking
- Advanced Certificate in Banking Laws &Loan Management
- Certificate Course in Banking Management
- Certificate in Banking
- Certificate in Rural Banking
- Diploma in Banking Courses
- Diploma in Banking And Finance
- Diploma in Banking
- Post-Degree Diploma in Global Banking and Economics
in Management in Banking, Insurance & Financial Service
International Banking Course
Below is the list of International Banking Courses:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor (CMFC)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- BAT Course
Online Banking Course
The list of online banking courses is given below:
- Economics of Money and Banking
- Financial Markets
- Digital Transformation in Financial Services
- Financial Markets and Investment Strategy
- Udemy Banking Credit
- Analysis Process
- Relationship Management in Corporate Banking
- Digital Banking Accounting, Finance & Banking – A Comprehensive Study
- Foundation of Central Bank Law
- Essential Career Skills for Investment Banking & Finance
- Risk Management and Financial markets
- Capital Markets
- Alison Introduction to Managing Personal Finance Debts- Revised
- Financial Freedom : A Beginner’s Guide
Baking courses offered by the bank
Many leading banks in India, such as SBI, Axis Bank, Yes Bank, and ICICI Bank, offer certificate banking courses to individuals interested in advancing in their careers. Here are some banking courses you can take after graduating from high school.
- (CPGI) – Certificate Program in General Insurance, SBI
- (PGDRB) – Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Banking, Axis Bank
- (PGPBB) – Post Graduate Program in Branch Banking Services, Yes Bank
- Trade Finance Program by HDFC Bank
- Probationary Officers Program Post Graduate Diploma in Banking (PGDB) by ICICI Bank
Banking Course Without Maths
Mathematics is often the main subject in all banking courses because the work of the bank is related to mathematics. But there are some banking courses which are done without Maths –
- B.Com (Banking & Finance)
- B.Com (Banking & Insurance)
- B.Com (Banking Management)
- B.Com (Finance)
- B.B.A (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Management Studies
Banking Course Syllabus
There are many banking courses available in India, which include bachelor’s, diploma, online, certificate, and masters-level courses. Some of the popular subjects taught in banking courses are as follows:
- Banking Law
- Financial Market in india
- Financial Services Marketing
- Business Policy and Strategic Management
- Commercial Bank Management
- Foreign Currency
- Principles of Finance
- Direct and Indirect Taxes
- International Banking and Finance
- Economics of Global Trade and Finance
- modern Banking theory
World's Top Universities for Banking Courses
There are many management institutes and colleges abroad that offer undergraduate courses in banking and finance, mainly BBA, BBM and B.Com. First of all, the list of top universities and colleges abroad for doing banking courses after 12th is given below –
- Continental College of Applied Arts and Technology, Canada
- Monash University, Australia
- London Business School, UK
- Carleton University, Canada
- University of Adelaide, Australia
- Kent State University, USA
- Cardiff University, UK
- Singapore Institute of Management, Singapore
- University of Reading, UK
- Griffith University, Australia
- University of Birmingham, UK
- University of Nottingham, UK
Top Universities in India for Banking Course
Learn about the top universities and colleges in India where you can pursue banking courses after completing your 12th grade.
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (Mumbai)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Institute of Management, Entrepreneurship Development (Pune)
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (Dehradun)
- NIMS University (Jaipur)
- Chandigarh University (Chandigarh)
- Chitkara Business School (Patiala)
- AIIMS Institute (Bangalore)
- Sharda University School of Business Studies
- Amity University (Gurgaon, Mumbai)
B Com in Banking & Insurance Qualification Abroad
The following are some of the general eligibility requirements for taking a banking course after 12th grade:
- Candidates must have a 10+2 diploma with a first division in any subject from a recognised board.
- The university gives admission on the basis of a merit list.
- Most universities abroad require SAT scores for bachelor’s degrees and GRE scores for master’s degrees.
- IELTS or TOEFL test scores are required as proof of English proficiency for admission to foreign universities.
- SOP, LOR, CV/Resume, and Portfolio also need to be submitted for studying at foreign universities.
B Com in Banking & Insurance Application Process Abroad
- The application process for admission to foreign universities is as follows:
- The first step in your application process is to choose the right course, for which you can shortlist your preferred courses with the help of AI Course Finder.
- After getting in touch with the experts, they will initiate your application process across multiple universities through a common dashboard platform.
- Now you have to collect and organise all your documents, like your SOP, essay certificates, LOR, and required test scores like ELTS, TOEFL, SAT, ACT, etc.
- If you have not yet prepared for your IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE, etc. exams, which are definitely important factors in studying abroad, you can join Leverage Live classes. These classes can be very beneficial in helping you score well on the test.
- After submitting your application and all required documents, the experts will start the application process for accommodations, a student visa, and a scholarship or student loan.
- Now you have to wait for the offer letter. which may take about 6 weeks or more. Now, after accepting your offer letter and paying the required semester fee, this is the last step of your application process.
In Indian universities, the application process is as follows:
- First of all, register by visiting the official website of the selected university.
- Now, after registering on the university website, you will get the username and password.
- Then, after logging in, choose the course you want to take.
- Now fill out the application form with your educational qualifications, category, etc.
- After that, submit the application form and pay the required application fee.
- If the admission is based on the entrance test, first register for the test and then wait for the counselling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of your entrance exam marks, and a list will be issued.
B Com in Banking & Insurance Required Documents for Colleges Abroad
Below is a list of some of the required documents:
- Official Academic Transcripts
- Passport Scanned Copies
- IELTS or TOEFL test scores are required.
- Professional/Academic LORs
- Essay (if required)
- Portfolio (if required)
- Updated CV or Resume
- A passport and student visa
- Bank Statement
Scope in Banking Course
After completing the banking course after 12th grade, you can explore many possibilities in the financial and banking industries. Below is a list of some popular job profiles:
- Financial Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Portfolio/Fund Manager
- Budget Analyst
- Loan Officer
- Commercial Banker
- Bank Manager
- Branch Manager
- Mortgage Banker
World's Top Recruiters
- Credit Suisse
- Morgan Stanley
- Bank of America Global Wealth and Investment Management
- J.P. Morgan Private Bank
- Deutsche Bank
- Goldman Sachs
- Citi Private Bank
Main Recruiting Banks (India)
- Bank of India
- South Indian Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
- City Union Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Indian Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- UCO Bank
- IDBI Bank
- HDFC bank
- Punjab and Sind Bank
Banking Entrance Exam for PSUs
Below is a list of banking entrance exams.
- SBI PO
- SBI SO
- SBI Clerk
- IBPS PO (CWE PO/MT)
- IBPS SO (CWE SO)
- IBPS Clerk (CWE Clerical)
- IBPS RRB (CWE RRB)
- RBI Officer, Grade B
- RBI Officer, Grade C
- RBI Office Assistant
Career and Salary in Banking
Banking in India is one such career option that offers high salary packages and job security. A career in banking is full of benefits, as it is financially beneficial and offers other benefits like insurance, rent allowance, and personal loans along with a low salary. With fixed working hours and bountiful public holidays, banking is full of opportunities for high-level managerial positions after gaining professional experience.
INR 2.9 lakh per year and above
Probationary Officer (PO)
INR 7 lakh per year and above
INR 7 lakh per year and above
INR 7 lakh per year and above
INR 9 lakh per year and above
INR 6.63 Lakh per annum and above
INR 4 lakh per year and above
INR 2.5 lakh per year and above
Frequently Asked Questions
What is B.Com in Banking & Insurance?
B.Com in Banking & Insurance is an undergraduate program that focuses on the study of banking and insurance operations, principles and practices. It covers a wide range of topics such as financial management, risk management, banking and insurance regulations, and more.
What are the subjects taught in B.Com in Banking & Insurance?
The curriculum for B.Com in Banking & Insurance typically includes subjects such as principles of banking, insurance principles and practices, financial management, banking and insurance regulations, financial markets and institutions, risk management, and more.
What are the career options after completing B.Com in Banking & Insurance?
There are many career options available after completing B.Com in Banking & Insurance, some of them are:
Banking: roles such as bank teller, customer service representative, loan officer, and more.
Insurance: roles such as insurance agent, underwriter, claim adjuster, and more.
Finance: roles such as financial analyst, financial advisor, and more.
Government jobs: roles such as clerk, probationary officer in public sector banks.